Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,900 Posts
This popped up on my Screen today. Anyone have this problem yet? Where are the sensors located on the diesel or are they just the 2 outermost rear bumper sensors
Yup, from my understanding, it's not that rare if you live in a state that gets lots of snow. Ours has gone out multiple times, and this last time, it's no longer covered under the warranty of the warranty repair, and would be about $700 to fix, so I declined it. They did do the inspection and let me know which sensor it was, so I'll replace that myself, perhaps, this year. And I'll seal the living **** out of the connection.

I'm not entirely sure where in the bumper they are, though. Anybody happen to have the part number, as well?

·
Super Moderator
7,804 Posts
As already mention by MP81 this is a common issue for those who have wet winters. I've had both of my sensors replaced under GMPP. They are expensive to replace as customer pay because they must be programmed to the car and are not a simple plug and play.

They are positioned inside the left and right bumper covers immediately behind the rear tires and in direct exposure to road splash. As a result I expect mine will go out again. Hopefully before my GMPP expires.

·
Premium Member
5,900 Posts
They are positioned inside the left and right bumper covers immediately behind the rear tires and in direct exposure to road splash. As a result I expect mine will go out again. Hopefully before my GMPP expires.
So I'd still have to get the dealer to program the new one, even if I install it, yeah?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll have to check with my scan tool and see which sensor it is. Perhaps I can program it through the scan tool. I do have bidirectional capabilities on my tool maybe I'll get lucky. If it's just a corroded plug connection, that might be cleanable.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks on the locations I just reached up in each side and can feel them At least they're easy to get to

·
Registered
355 Posts
I'm pretty sure they do not need to be reprogrammed. Should come programmed. But don't quote me on it. I had to get one of mine changed a year into owning my car.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I've had this message come up a few times now and would always go away after a startup or two. It looks like my luck finally ran out. We had a huge rainstorm the other day and the next morning when I turned my car on I got the dreaded message. I was hoping after a day or two of some high temps the sensors might dry out and start working again. This doesn't seem to be the case. I'm pretty bummed. $700 sounds darn steep for something that could break again basically at any moment. I'd love to just go with out, but I bought the safety package for these sensors and I've come to rely on them (I'm shocked at how often people think it's ok to ride in someone blind spot). It looks like the best bet is to buy the sensors and just have the dealer install them and program them...

·
Premium Member
5,900 Posts
If you do buy new ones, silicone the living **** out of them so they are permanently sealed.

We did not think it was worth the cost of getting new ones. We got it more for the backup sensors anyway - those will still work without the blind spot sensors, by the way.

Reactions: plasticplant

·
Registered
355 Posts
If you do buy new ones, silicone the living **** out of them so they are permanently sealed.

We did not think it was worth the cost of getting new ones. We got it more for the backup sensors anyway - those will still work without the blind spot sensors, by the way.
Ultrasonic backup sensors will work, cross-traffic will not, as they use the radar blind spot sensors. I had to replace one of mine very early in my car's life.

·
Registered
197 Posts
If you haven'tq done it yet, that is a code that the negative battery cable will throw. It's $20 and 2 minutes to replace. If it's not under warranty and you want to throw parts at it I would start there.

·
Registered
611 Posts
If you haven'tq done it yet, that is a code that the negative battery cable will throw. It's $20 and 2 minutes to replace. If it's not under warranty and you want to throw parts at it I would start there.
This is very interesting. I've noticed that sometimes the sensors will work just fine; I'll shut the car off, go into a store or something, come back out start the car and the message will appear. I've noticed it's quite random. It pretty obvious that the sensors still work, just not all the time. Very strange. I did have the negative battery cable replaced awhile back. Is it possible it's bad again. That being replaced sure beats the $700 for new sensors (that still may not work).

·
Registered
197 Posts
I was having an issue with the radio going on and off for no reason. I asked them to change the cable the last time the car was in the shop, and I was told they wouldn't because there were no codes for that so no warranty cable. Anyway I put a new battery in the car shortly after that and the radio hasn't done anything since. I'm still planning on replacing the cable, it's just not high on the list right now.

·
Registered
611 Posts
So i went and got this checked out. Sure enough it's the dreaded module that has been discussed above. The codes it threw were B101D-00 (Faulty Right Side Object Sensing Module) and B094C-58 (R/S Object Detection Module Perform); I'm not sure if this is the same part, or two different ones. Does anyone happen to know the part numbers that I will need to order? The dealer quoted me $650 parts and labor; much too steep for my blood (considering the timing belt and water pump repair is only $200 more). I've been looking around and the module that I think I need is listed at $238. Even with programming and labor costs, I think this should get the repair taken care of for well under $500. Any help would be much appreciated.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts