Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 2013 chevy cruze 1.8L awhile back and instantly I noticed that when I turn to the left it will occasionally give me 2 alerts of "service Stabilitrak" and "service traction control". Everytime it happens I check my voltage and it's around 12-13.5 volts. Is it my negative battery cable?

·
Administrator
25,371 Posts
I'd be looking at the connections to the ABS hubs on the front wheels. The key here is "turning". My guess is the either the power wire or the sensor wire to one of the hubs is too tight and is momentarily disconnecting from the hub.

·
Administrator
25,371 Posts
hi sr, I was wondering what kind of scan did you use to figure that problem out.
I didn't figure this out. My Montana AWD kept having ABS failures and on the third try the dealership got Pontiac's engineers involved. They had the tech check the power on the wires at the ABS hub. The tech discovered the hub was receiving almost twice the voltage it was supposed to get. Pontiac had him reroute the wiring.

Once the Montana was out of the B2B warranty the same thing happened again. I took it to a different dealership and their service tech figured out the actual problem - the rerouted wire was too short and had come disconnected during day to day driving.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts