Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all,

I know this has been posted a time or two before, but the issue I'm having seems to be different. I had a similar issue last year and posted the following around a few forums:

P2135 Code - 2011 Manual Chevy Cruze

Can anyone give me some insight on what this P2135 error code is saying? Where I currently live, recently it's been very cold (0 - -15 degrees F) weather and as of a couple days ago I started up my car and let it run to get some heat to it so I didn't have to go in a frigid car...however when I got to the car, the display in my car gave me three error messages: "Engine Power Reduced, Service Stabilitrak, Service Traction Control". I was on my way to work and was only able to go about 30-35 mph. No other weird noises from anything, just all those and the car would not accelerate past 2000RPMs. Later in the day, it got warmer and when I went out to try and see if I could get the car to run again, it came back up with just a CEL but ran like normal. I let it go for the day, and the CEL ended up actually fully going away for a day. This morning, after more cold weather over the night, I was greeted with the same errors from the car, and when trying at lunch again, everything worked out fine. This was the error code I got today when I tried it, and am curious on what it could be.
One thing I've found was the recall on the gas pedal that came out a bit ago for these that could be the remedy to the situation, but I was wondering if anyone had any similar experience and if there was anything else anyone could tell me?

The good news is that now I don't have the CEL on and I'm not seeing the Engine Power Reduced message either, thanks to replacing the throttle body in January of this year, along with the negative battery cable AND a new battery. However, this morning I hopped into my car and saw the messages "Service StabiliTrak/Service Traction Control" on the DIC. They flashed up, I pushed through them with my menu button on the turn signal control and the car continued driving fine...almost like a fluke. Never popped up again, nothing was out of the ordinary and I cycled my Traction Control off and back on just to make sure nothing was funky there that I could tell. Could this have just been a warning that I'm hitting a certain time to actually get those serviced and it's just warning me? Or could I still have some major issue under the hood? I'm taking it to my mechanic for an unrelated issue but I could also bring this one up if needed.

Vehicle is a 2011 Chevy Cruze LS
1.8L I-4 Engine, Manual Trans.
A little over 97,000 miles

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
2,696 Posts
Hello all,

I know this has been posted a time or two before, but the issue I'm having seems to be different. I had a similar issue last year and posted the following around a few forums:

P2135 Code - 2011 Manual Chevy Cruze

Can anyone give me some insight on what this P2135 error code is saying? Where I currently live, recently it's been very cold (0 - -15 degrees F) weather and as of a couple days ago I started up my car and let it run to get some heat to it so I didn't have to go in a frigid car...however when I got to the car, the display in my car gave me three error messages: "Engine Power Reduced, Service Stabilitrak, Service Traction Control". I was on my way to work and was only able to go about 30-35 mph. No other weird noises from anything, just all those and the car would not accelerate past 2000RPMs. Later in the day, it got warmer and when I went out to try and see if I could get the car to run again, it came back up with just a CEL but ran like normal. I let it go for the day, and the CEL ended up actually fully going away for a day. This morning, after more cold weather over the night, I was greeted with the same errors from the car, and when trying at lunch again, everything worked out fine. This was the error code I got today when I tried it, and am curious on what it could be.
One thing I've found was the recall on the gas pedal that came out a bit ago for these that could be the remedy to the situation, but I was wondering if anyone had any similar experience and if there was anything else anyone could tell me?

The good news is that now I don't have the CEL on and I'm not seeing the Engine Power Reduced message either, thanks to replacing the throttle body in January of this year, along with the negative battery cable AND a new battery. However, this morning I hopped into my car and saw the messages "Service StabiliTrak/Service Traction Control" on the DIC. They flashed up, I pushed through them with my menu button on the turn signal control and the car continued driving fine...almost like a fluke. Never popped up again, nothing was out of the ordinary and I cycled my Traction Control off and back on just to make sure nothing was funky there that I could tell. Could this have just been a warning that I'm hitting a certain time to actually get those serviced and it's just warning me? Or could I still have some major issue under the hood? I'm taking it to my mechanic for an unrelated issue but I could also bring this one up if needed.

Thanks in advance!
Helpful to post year, trim, engine and mileage.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ahhh, oops. Thought I had it in my original post from some time ago. Sorry about that.

Vehicle is a 2011 Chevy Cruze LS
1.8L I-4 Engine, Manual Trans.
A little over 97,000 miles

·
Premium Member
2,696 Posts
Reactions: kunz36

·
Registered
92 Posts
YOU HAVE THE SAME THING AS ME!! i finally figured it out!!!!!!! Most likely your mass air flow sensor if you already fixed your intake manifold check valve (search cruze talk for pictures ) and valve cover (pcv valve could burst if intake manifold check valve is missing) If you have repalced both, then i would say MAF, been reseraching this OVER A YEAR!

check it out! :)
https://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/25-gen1-service-issues/237279-code-p0300-u0100.html

1 - 5 of 5 Posts