Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My service stabiltrak and service traction control lights come on immediately from the time the car starts.....The ABS light is not lit up on the dash at this time nor have i even seen it light up...I have ran a diagnostic tool on it with results being C056D-00 which says Electronics Control Unit Hardware, stored in history and currently active as well...It has intermittently displayed Circuit Pump-Stuck as well which usually clears....These lights are driving me crazy and i would like my abs fixed asap....I have checked for bad grounds, checked the wheel speed sensor wiring, cleaned all 4 wheel bearings and wheel speed sensors and checked for vacuum leaks as well....Can someone please help me diagnose this before I go crazy lol.....Thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any suggestions from anyone would be helpful.....I have also took fusebox apart and looked for any bent pins or wires and added extra ground from battery to firewall

·
Super Moderator
5,528 Posts
Probably should search a bit before stripping your car apart.

Your Cruze needs its negative battery cable replaced...it will be under warranty as coverage was extended.
Your various warning lamps are being illuminated because the cable was improperly crimped at the battery terminal and is causing resistance.

There was a warranty extension and bulletin mailed out to the original owners defining this potental failure and what it does when it acts up......your experience is mirroring the bulletin.

See your dealer for a freebee repair......

Rob

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did mention above that I have added an extra ground as well....would that not solve this problem?? and what about the codes that the computer is showing about the pump circuit stuck open and the unit hardware itself?? I have searched plenty online here and numerous other forums and was alerted of ground cable but after checking it just seemed like a good cable plus i added that 2nd cable from negative on battery to firewall...Wouldn't a bad cable affect charging rates and output of alternator too??...where does the replacement cable go? I may just go buy my own as i have to go back to work before i could get it to a dealership......Thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you think a Negative Battery cable will fix this even though voltage output reads between 14.7-15.1 usually.....But i have noticed sometimes after driving about 30-45 mins the Battery Saver Active notification comes on and voltage drops to about 13.8...(usually with ac on and sometimes lights on) but it happens on its own

·
Administrator
25,036 Posts
I would pull the extra cable off the car and take it in to a dealership. The voltage output variations are correct for the Cruze.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well it probably doesn't have warranty left on it since i bought it used and id really like to fix it myself if possible.....if its too much hassle ill just sell the car....does everyone think a negative cable will fix this issue????

·
Administrator
25,036 Posts
Since the negative battery cable is a known issue that leads directly to the symptoms you're reporting, yes, it's very possible this is the entire issue. Regardless of the actual issue in this case, replacing this cable needs to be done to properly troubleshoot your car.

·
Super Moderator
5,528 Posts
Chevy seems to think so.....and those that had it replaced have not had a problem recur.

Warranty is for the car, not the owner.....you could be the tenth owner but the warranty and the bulliten we are discussing remains in force.

The grounding interruption is at the negative (in the negative) battery cable at the battery post.
The dealer is to replace the cable and clean and tighten the three body/ground points at the core support and the two points on the left apron.

Rob

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
[h=5]I went to GMRecalls.com and this is also what i have found as far as recalls and fixes go, which all are incomplete....I was thinking that ecu reflash could be a big deal
Safety & Non-Compliance Recalls[/h]What's this?

• GM Recall #:
  • N120213

• NHTSA Recall #:
  • 13V360

• Date Issued:
  • Aug 07, 2013

Recall Title:
ELECTRIC VACUUM PUMP SWITCH
Recall Description:
General Motors is recalling certain model year 2011-2012 Chevrolet Cruze vehicles equipped with 1.4L DOHC gasoline turbo engines and 6T40 front wheel drive automatic transmissions and equipped with an electric vacuum pump to provide supplemental vacuum for brake assist, when needed. In the affected vehicles, the pump may not activate, resulting in an intermittent reduction or loss of brake assist.
Safety Risk Description:
A loss of braking assistance will require extra pedal force and/or distance to bring the vehicle to a stop, increasing the risk of a crash.
Repair Description:
Dealers will replace a microswitch in the power brake vacuum pipe assembly free of charge.
[HR][/HR]Recall Status: INCOMPLETE

[h=5]Other Programs for Your Vehicle[/h]What's this?

• GM Program #:
  • N140417

• Date Issued:
  • Jul 14, 2014

Program Title:
LOW ENGINE COOLANT LEVEL WITHOUT AN EXTERNAL LEAK
[HR][/HR]Program Status: INCOMPLETE

• GM Program #:
  • N140801

• Date Issued:
  • Nov 26, 2014

Program Title:
REPROGRAM ENGINE CONTROL MODULE
[HR][/HR]Program Status: INCOMPLETE

·
Super Moderator
7,682 Posts
What's more hassle: 1) Bringing your car to a dealer for a free fix; or, 2) selling your car with a known fault?

·
Lyrical Wordsmith
6,781 Posts
Wjarms, The rule of thumb with cars and most things in life is to start with the basics.... try to change the negative cable for the battery. It can be like Robby stated that it is not properly crimped. Robby worked (or works) at a dealer. Hard to argue with that :)

Take it to the dealer or we can just walk you through how to fix it. I don't think selling the car for something minor is necessary.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
16,536 Posts
There should also be an extended wArranty (special coverage 14311) offer good for 10 years/120k on the negative battery cable, along with your symptoms listed there.

Plug your VIN number into my.chevrolet.com and go to the warranty section.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ill check that warranty section now....how do i make sure the dealership knows all this and will fix each issue? I don't care to change the negative cable but if its under warranty then ill let them pay for it

·
Administrator
25,036 Posts
Ill check that warranty section now....how do i make sure the dealership knows all this and will fix each issue? I don't care to change the negative cable but if its under warranty then ill let them pay for it
The easiest way I know of and the one that seems to work the best is to PM the Chevy Customer Care account here on CruzeTalk and ask them for assistance to ensure your dealership knows all the recalls and service bulletins that need to be addressed. There's enough to do on your car that it may take several hours. They'll need your VIN, contact info, and preferred dealership if you have one. If you don't let them know the most convenient dealerships to you and have them select the dealership for you.

With that list of recalls I'd say the previous owner didn't care about the car.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just checked for extended warranty coverage as well on that site....actually registered and all that its showing is the 3 i listed above....I'm hoping the reprogram ecu has the most to do with it.....How would i go about contacting Customer Care on here? just PM them??

·
Administrator
25,036 Posts
Just PM Chevy Customer Care.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I sent them a PM and also copied link to here so they could review everything....Im going to try take my car to the Chevrolet Garage tomorrow but i just hope they actually go deep enough to fix the issues rather than rushing through it

·
Premium Member
7,715 Posts
I did mention above that I have added an extra ground as well....would that not solve this problem??
The wording of the Special Coverage mentions "Dealers will replace the battery negative cable, which will now require a bolt to fasten the small regulated voltage cable." Which makes me think the issue is related to the small voltage sensing wire, not the big thick battery to ground wire. I'd think a weak battery to ground connection would show up in starting - but no one affected has reported starting issues. But power issues due to voltage sense going out of whack is another story.

This might also explain why the added wire may not have helped.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts