Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I just purchased a 2016 Chevy Cruze Premier from an auction and it's damaged at the front right side. Dash reads service stabilitrax. Could anyone help as to possible causes and fixes? I was thinking it could be wheel speed sensor having damage or something. Any suggestions are appreciated.

·
Registered
232 Posts
That would be my first thought. Check the wiring for the wheel speed sensor. Best thing to do would be to hook up a scan tool to see if there's any more detail on that issue (i.e. showing a code for Right Front Speed Sensor).

·
Premium Member
5,639 Posts
Front Right. Could be something as simple as a bad negative battery cable which might be replaced by a dealer for free.

·
Premium Member
2,258 Posts
Front Right. Could be something as simple as a bad negative battery cable which might be replaced by a dealer for free.
Sounds like they've got a gen2 car, which doesn't suffer that issue, or have batt in same place. And it's likely the car has no warranty left due to a branded title from the insurance auction.

You need access to a scan tool with chassis, brake and body capability (not just OBD2 engine/trans.). With DTCs it will be much easier to give proper diag assistance.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That would be my first thought. Check the wiring for the wheel speed sensor. Best thing to do would be to hook up a scan tool to see if there's any more detail on that issue (i.e. showing a code for Right Front Speed Sensor).
Thank you so much for the advice. I will start there, and hopefully it's nothing major ?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I really appreciate all this help. My problem is I'm not in the USA, I'm in Barbados, I shipped the car here, and this is the only left hand drive 2nd generation Cruze on the island. So I'm basically going at it alone. But I will research how to upgrade that negative battery cable just in case it's that.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds like they've got a gen2 car, which doesn't suffer that issue, or have batt in same place. And it's likely the car has no warranty left due to a branded title from the insurance auction.

You need access to a scan tool with chassis, brake and body capability (not just OBD2 engine/trans.). With DTCs it will be much easier to give proper diag assistance.
Oh I see!! I totally understand. Thank you very much, all of this info is such great support. Focusing on the body work repairs first then see if I can pinpoint what's the root of the problem so I can fix it. Thanks again!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts