Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,016 Posts
I'd have a service place do a re-learn procedure. I'm wondering if in a busy dealership, your computer learned someone else's sensor. That would explain the wrong tire pressure - and now that that sensor is out of range - why it's blank.

It dawns on me that this is probably why later model Cruzes require a re-learn tool instead if just a pressure change. Because in a busy tire place, there's going to be TPMS sensors gong off left and right - not the place to be doing a re-learn. Sucks for DIY, but a relief to dealers and their customers.

·
Premium Member
8,016 Posts
"He says battery life expectancy is directly related to the number of RF transmissions, which are affected by driving conditions"

"Colder conditions generally allow batteries to last longer, according to Rigney, so batteries are expected to fail quicker in warmer rather than colder climates given the same driving conditions."

Seems reasonable. But I found this interesting: "Sensors usually transmit less while a vehicle is stopped, more often while it’s in motion, and a lot more as it accelerates or decelerates. A constant speed, such as highway driving, allows sensors to transmit less often."

I think the sensor is designed to transmit when the wheel reaches a certain speed as part of "wake up". I'm guessing in start/stop traffic, that happens more often than the routine reporting at highway speed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.