Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
I had mytires rotated last week by the a Chevrolet dealership. I ask them to set thetire pressure at 50 psi. Immediately, upon driving away from the dealership, I noticedthat the TPMS for one tires was 15 psi low. I was in a hurry and didn’t go backto the dealership. The next time that I drove the car I obtained received a "ServiceTire Monitor System" message and the TPMS for the tire which was 15 psi low, now isblank (just dashes for pressure). I called the dealership and they said thatthe TPMS needs to be replaced. Seems like quite a coincidence that the TPMSfails almost immediately after the tire rotation.

I wouldappreciate anyone’s comments or suggestions about this issue. Thanks.
What year is your car?
I'm starting to see the occasional 2011 TPM battery die and the service TPMS come up.

But yes, have the dealer or tire store perform a relearn to see if it'll 'wake up'

There is nothing the shop could have done to cause this problem short of wacking the valve with a hammer.........'Ever since you' does not apply.

Rob

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
The relearn should take care of it, especially if it's just one tire reading blank. The TPM battery life is around 7-10 years. I wouldn't let them tell you it needs a sensor. JMI
Agree with the seven to 10 year thing but you never know how old they were when the tire/wheel were assembled........same as the cars battery.....never know how long it sat on a skid before installation.

Like I said though....I'm already running into 11's not signalling strong enough for the receiver to see it.

Rob

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.