Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everybody I'm Shane from Okc, Oklahoma, have been reading the forum for quite a while in preparation to buy a CTD which I did last year and I love it! Got a 2015 with 10k miles, I traded a 2012 Cruze I had from new, bought it when my job relocated me and had to start driving 105 miles ea way for work so 210+ miles a day-4 days a week I bought the first Cruze because it met my criteria of price, mileage, safety & comfort anyway it was my first American car ever, been driving since 1974, I currently have 2 BMW's, 96 Z3 and 04 Z4 roadsters and a 1976 Porsche 912E, so I definitely was not going to drive those cars for my new job assignment. I have been a member of the BMW CCA and Porsche CCA both for over 20 years so pretty much a car guy but always German cars, anyway I had a great experience with the first Cruze put 130k miles on it in 3 1/2 years and not one problem so Had been thinking of the diesel as an obvious choice when it was time to get a new work vehicle, well no new ones within range so found a gently used 2015 CTD (tungsten/black leather) with about 10k miles on the clock and every available option in Dallas about 200 miles from home I didn't really want another dark car (I've had a black BMW before) but knew I couldn't be picky if it was in good condition and to make a short story long I absolutely love this car It is a really pretty color especially in the sun kinda of brownish tint my neighbor said it looked like pearl mushroom? (She's from Italy?) I've always used car forums for my other vehicles and realize the great value they can bringing to owning special cars!:deg:

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Congrats on the diesel and welcome to the forum! I like German cars too (have two now as in my sig), and find the Cruze diesel holds its own with them. Look up my post on 200K miles in a Cruze diesel to get an idea of what my long term experience has been, and enjoy the site. Lots of good info on here!

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your purchase. I love my 15 CTD and have had zero problems. One easy small task is to check the intake clamps to make sure they are tight, I check mine every couple months, I think there are 5 of them. Wow you have a long commute.

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
12,418 Posts
Hello everybody I'm Shane from Okc, Oklahoma, have been reading the forum for quite a while in preparation to buy a CTD which I did last year and I love it! Got a 2015 with 10k miles, I traded a 2012 Cruze I had from new, bought it when my job relocated me and had to start driving 105 miles ea way for work so 210+ miles a day-4 days a week I bought the first Cruze because it met my criteria of price, mileage, safety & comfort anyway it was my first American car ever, been driving since 1974, I currently have 2 BMW's, 96 Z3 and 04 Z4 roadsters and a 1976 Porsche 912E, so I definitely was not going to drive those cars for my new job assignment. I have been a member of the BMW CCA and Porsche CCA both for over 20 years so pretty much a car guy but always German cars, anyway I had a great experience with the first Cruze put 130k miles on it in 3 1/2 years and not one problem so Had been thinking of the diesel as an obvious choice when it was time to get a new work vehicle, well no new ones within range so found a gently used 2015 CTD (tungsten/black leather) with about 10k miles on the clock and every available option in Dallas about 200 miles from home I didn't really want another dark car (I've had a black BMW before) but knew I couldn't be picky if it was in good condition and to make a short story long I absolutely love this car It is a really pretty color especially in the sun kinda of brownish tint my neighbor said it looked like pearl mushroom? (She's from Italy?) I've always used car forums for my other vehicles and realize the great value they can bringing to owning special cars!:deg:
Welcome Aboard!:welcome:

There are plenty of smart active people on this board to make you feel right at home! And I like pearl mushrooms!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts