Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've found some universal shark fin antennas on eBay but I'm questioning if they would work on the cruze.. and how do you remove the old antenna that looks like it belongs on my grandparents car?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
252 Posts
There really isn't a way to remove it without taking out the whole headliner. And even then there'd be a gaping hole in the roof of your car. Don't waste your money on those replica sharkfins. They're only for looks and your radio, xm or onstar wouldn't work without that antenna. If you want a sharkfin the only way to go would be the VG Sharkfin on amazon.

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
The actual antenna (not the entire fixture) can just be twisted off. However, you wont get the amplification to the signal and will probably not have any at all. Go with VG. It is 100% worth the price for the sleeker look and guaranteed fit and reliability. Plus the people at VG are very nice and will help with any future problems (they sent me a new "gasket" when I broke the seal this winter).

·
Super Moderator
5,160 Posts
Some of the ones you see on Ebay, you have to remove the entire antenna assembly not just the mast and remove the headliner and rewire the entire assembly. The easiest thing to do is buy a sharkfin from BNR, remove the mast and stick the fin on it works very good. I had one on my 2011 Cruze and it worked well. If you look in my garage, I should have some pics of my 2011 with the sharkfin on it. Looks good and you get to remove mast.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Got mine yesterday from BNR and installed it. Super easy. Twist off the old antenna, screw in the coiled antenna under the fin, mark where you want it, and stick it on.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Do they have Rainforest Green color matched ones yet?

Should have my cruze in another week (given they don't stop sales again.....;) and I will def be getting a sharkfin from VG. Just curious if I would have to go black or if RFG is available as their website has been under construction for months.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,234 Posts
Do they have Rainforest Green color matched ones yet?

Should have my cruze in another week (given they don't stop sales again.....;) and I will def be getting a sharkfin from VG. Just curious if I would have to go black or if RFG is available as their website has been under construction for months.

Thanks
I believe they have every color. If yours isn't listed then shoot them an email with your paint code and they'll confirm. For whatever reason the paint codes don't get updated all that often on most websites yet the seller's can get all of them the majority of the time.

·
Premium Member
2,821 Posts
Plus the people at VG are very nice and will help with any future problems (they sent me a new "gasket" when I broke the seal this winter).
Yes - very nice. When I first installed mine, I lined it up with the existing antenna base. Big mistake, since the stock antenna base on my Cruze was installed crooked from the factory. I had to uninstall and needed a new gasket to get the fin to look right. VG sent me a new gasket at no cost.

Reactions: Merc6

·
Registered
248 Posts
With my VG Shark Fin antenna, reception actually improved over the stock antenna.
Thanks for the answer, looks like I'm going to be dropping $80 on one.... steep price in my opinion but I can't stand the stock boner on my car anymore lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts