Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a quick search on here and one on Google as well and only came up with 3 or 4 cars that I've seen with it done but I had my car at the bodyshop for a couple weeks this month to get the one side skirt and rocker fitted and figured it was a good time to do the trunk, front and rear bumpers as well. I commute 120 KM a day and the bumpers were looking rough despite the fact I take excessive care cleaning and detailing this thing. Anyway, here it is.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Full-size car

I was torn if I wanted to get rid of some more chrome and do the window trim and the strip along the bottom of the rear bumper black I wasn't sure it would flow with the rest of the car having the chrome around the grille and fog lights. So I left it for now, the plan will be to wrap the window trim and rear strip and see how I like it.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Luxury vehicle

·
10,712 Posts
For a minute I forgot what shaved meant. LOL! Yeah I didn't feel like filling the vertical slit and left it alone. It really does seem like a good mod if you are already in the position you are in.

As for chrome, I was torn on how the car would look and was willing to put chrome trim on my Z Spec grille if I didn't like the color keyed trim it came with. End of the day, I liked it w/o chrome and don't understand how I let it be that way for almost 3 years.

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
Remove the bow tie from the front grill, then paint a bar code on the hood. No name, generic car. LOL.

Looks great. I probably would have left the trunk bar chrome. All white is a little too plain for my taste. Some contrast is good in design.

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
12,097 Posts
Did a quick search on here and one on Google as well and only came up with 3 or 4 cars that I've seen with it done but I had my car at the bodyshop for a couple weeks this month to get the one side skirt and rocker fitted and figured it was a good time to do the trunk, front and rear bumpers as well. I commute 120 KM a day and the bumpers were looking rough despite the fact I take excessive care cleaning and detailing this thing. Anyway, here it is.

View attachment 245386

I was torn if I wanted to get rid of some more chrome and do the window trim and the strip along the bottom of the rear bumper black I wasn't sure it would flow with the rest of the car having the chrome around the grille and fog lights. So I left it for now, the plan will be to wrap the window trim and rear strip and see how I like it.

View attachment 245394
I think it looks fantastic! This is exactly what I want to do, but the wife is complaining about how much I'm putting into mine. I am still trying to figure out a way to debadge the front as well. I'm not quite there yet, but I found a 3d printer that I might be able to have something made on to fill in the outline partly, but we'll see..

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Remove the bow tie from the front grill, then paint a bar code on the hood. No name, generic car. LOL.

Looks great. I probably would have left the trunk bar chrome. All white is a little too plain for my taste. Some contrast is good in design.
Lol, I wouldn't mind that. I love plain and simple.

I know what you mean about the chrome section but it was the largest section of chrome on the car and it had to go.

·
Registered
645 Posts
did the shop weld up the holes behind the bowtie? Love it all color matched. I've been looking a wrap that would match my silver paint to cover the chrome bar on the trunk lid.

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
12,097 Posts
did the shop weld up the holes behind the bowtie? Love it all color matched. I've been looking a wrap that would match my silver paint to cover the chrome bar on the trunk lid.
If you have any winter type weather where you are I would not recommend wrapping, but plasti-dip instead.

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Red Trunk

A little paint helps a lot.
But I'm not sure I'd color match the bowties on a white car, the original gold might be better than that.

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
I think it looks fantastic! This is exactly what I want to do, but the wife is complaining about how much I'm putting into mine. I am still trying to figure out a way to debadge the front as well. I'm not quite there yet, but I found a 3d printer that I might be able to have something made on to fill in the outline partly, but we'll see..
Bondo!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts