Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2011 Cruze LS automatic

Got up this morning and ran to the hardware store to get a key cut for my girlfriend.

I pull into the lot and parked the car, For some reason I can't put it in park?? It's like something is blocking the shifter... so I pushed harder and the shifter went into park.

This completely broke the car, The key got stuck as if the car was in drive and i couldn't get it out... Even tried the manual override button and I couldn't move the shifter back out of park.

Tried with brake's on, tried moving the steering wheel. The car wouldn't turn on either. It was showing the tranny warning light when I tried to start it.

So I got it towed to the dealer...

IT WAS A PINE CONE! a freeking pine cone got stuck in the shifter assembly under the car! wtf???

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You're right, It's actually right under the hood. To the right of the motor. There is a little rod/pulley type of mechanizm (sorry I'm not mechanic I don't know the terminology lol) and the pine cone was sitting right on top of it.

Only the tip of the pine cone was obstruction it, but it guess that was enough.

I have no idea how it got in there though, I haven't popped the hood in at least a few weeks. I don't think it could shoot up that high from under the car could it? Maybe a squirrel put it there? lol. The pine cone was about the size of an egg, So I don't see how it could sneak through the vent area at the top of the hood.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I was having the same issue before...started getting frustrated, then I realized my phone was in the pocket in the center console and stopped it about a 1/4" short of park....girlfriend had a pretty good laugh at me for that one.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was having the same issue before...started getting frustrated, then I realized my phone was in the pocket in the center console and stopped it about a 1/4" short of park....girlfriend had a pretty good laugh at me for that one.
Ya I throw my phone on the top where the radio screen is. That's not where the pine cone was though lol.. this was under the hood in the engine hehe.

I think the 2012's fixed the size of the area in font of the shifter in the car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts