Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I was on the highway the other day with the cruise control on my 2017 Cruze hatch.
Most cars I've driven, when you hit the clutch to shift the cruise control shuts off. But in the Cruze it allowed me to down shift into 5th and back into 6th rather smoothly. Just wondering if anybody else had tried this, I was very shocked when it didn't cancel. Although it was really nice.

·
2,168 Posts
That's interesting, my generation 1 Cruze shuts off Cruise Control when I depress the clutch. I can hit the resume button once I've finished changing gears, but it doesn't do it on it's own.

Reactions: obermd

·
Administrator
25,600 Posts
This would be a major change in how cruise control has worked since introduced.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I drove a lot in Europe and Opel had that feature since 2012. If you shift (MT) under one second or two, then the cruise control remains engaged. I'm glad to hear that this is available in US too! :smile:

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
16,985 Posts
I drove a lot in Europe and Opel had that feature since 2012. If you shift (MT) under one second or two, then the cruise control remains engaged. I'm glad to hear that this is available in US too! :smile:
Seems like a useful feature to have with their tiny low HP engines over there!

·
10,712 Posts
Never tried in my Accord but my gen 1 Cruze definitely did terminate. Seems useful to have, software like that should mean electronic rev match for manual downshifts could be beta.

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
Was doing something resembling this with an AT Cruze, but I forgot and never said anything. From a dead stop, I can pop it into manumatic, get to 25 mph, click the cruise resume, and manually shift when I want without the cruise turning off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts