Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for someone that has access to a shop service software. Trying to get an estimate on Head Gasket repair and don’t want to pay through the nose at a dealer or get ripped by an Indy. It’s a 2011 1.4 with 75k that has been overheated. It has a brand new AC Delco water pump, t-stat, serp belt and tensioner, overflow tank with cap, coolant outlet and bypass hose. ($300 in factory parts replaced by me) Low compression in 2 cylinders (150/160 psi) with combustion gasses in the coolant.

I’m thinking it should be about 6 or 7 hours of labor if the head doesn’t need resurfaced and about $300 for the gasket kit and new head bolts. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
I'll assume the water pump was the original failure.

If I'm correct there are two lessons here.....first, the water pump warranty was extended to ten years/120,000 miles so replacement would have been free and:
If the pump was the failure the head gasket, a resultant failure due to the pump, also would have been covered.

Moral of the story....it costs nothing to find out if there are any warranty extensions on your car.

Original question, time to replace head gasket.....get ahold of a Chiltons or Motors time guide and look it up.....I'll guess it is in the 6 to 7 hour range.....maybe slightly less.

Rob

·
Banned
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the smart ass remarks Robby, it’s been to the dealer twice regarding loss of coolant and CEL for low coolant flow. Nobody there said anything about an extended warranty to my wife. I see you like to sound important here, but I’m going to guess you are not a GM tech, so your guess on shop times is no more insightful than my shot in the dark. Have a great day boosting your ego.

·
Super Moderator
7,801 Posts
Thanks for the smart ass remarks Robby, it’s been to the dealer twice regarding loss of coolant and CEL for low coolant flow. Nobody there said anything about an extended warranty to my wife. I see you like to sound important here, but I’m going to guess you are not a GM tech, so your guess on shop times is no more insightful than my shot in the dark. Have a great day boosting your ego.
There is no more respected member of cruzetalk than @Robby. He carries more reputation points than anyone else in the history of this site.

You, on the other hand, are plummeting quickly into the opposite direction.

If you cannot accept help from Robby then you cannot accept help from anyone. Therefore this thread is closed.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
I'll follow up on Tomko's comments.

First, your wife was ripped off by the dealership - the 2011 Cruze's water pump warranty was extended in 2013 or 2014 to 10 years/150,000 miles. If your dealership charged her for a water pump replacement go get your money back - you may need to get the local media involved to publically ask the dealership why they aren't honoring manufacturer warranties.

Second, Robby's answer is accurate and to the point.

Third, since you asked the moderation team to delete your account I will comply and ban you at this time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.