Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am new here I promise after iI get my Cruze I'll be in the forum allot......just like the Kawasaki versys forum. Any way drove 2014 eco today and think its a great car...I am on a tight budget and have 2 options.
Used 2014 white eco with power seats, remote start, back up camera 14800 miles 17500 price

Another dealer

Same car and color now remote start, power seats or back up camera. New around 18200........

Any advice? I would like a back camera other then that new is nice too!
I hate the car buying experiance lol

Thanks forum

·
Registered
102 Posts
well $700 isn't much difference. If you finance it for 60 months you save a whopping $12.25 per month or so depending on your interest rate. Buy the new one is my suggestion. Honestly the remote start isn't that big of a deal. It only runs for 10 minutes before it shuts off and if you trigger it again before that 10 minutes is up, it resets it. The last winter we had on the east coast I let my car run for 15 minutes and it was just barely luke warm heat coming out.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree not a big remote start fan. If they toss in a back up camera I may just get the new one for 700 more. The only thing I am worried about is the rock hard seats..... I wonder if they get softer in time

·
Registered
9 Posts
My seats are still very firm, I got the cloth seats. I personally like the way they feel, also welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcome. Ya I don't mind firm seats but wife isn't a fan. Tomorrow before I buy I still need to toss the booster seat in back and see how 5 year old fits.....

·
Premium Member
2,234 Posts
5 yr old should be fine in the back. If seats are comfy you can get good form fitting seat covers for under $500 or way less even. Around $250

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for advice. Will see how it goes. Heading out to Spokane Chevy dealer at 0900 if they can't get me the new at the price as promised off to Dave Smith in Kellogg Idaho for the used.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quick update.... went to show room they rolled out a Cruze 1lt with power seats remote start back up camera... not the eco that i wanted with out those options.... same color. to tell you the truth I liked it just wish it had the eco wheels. Any way proce offered was 17,995. I left the store will go back tonight to try and get extended warranty thrown in. Will keep forum informed. seems like a good price

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Done deal... was at one dealer for 5 hours yesterday not counting the time i left to do some research and think it over with my wife. Went back settled on a white 1lt drive con and tech package for 17775 but then the sales guy said they wouldn't let hoim down from the 17995 after I thought I was in the car..... started to leave (I asked 17500) he ran out said wait let me try again... wife and 5 year old waited again wife by this point out of patience battery died on the tablet so 5 year old was bored. Comes out says how about meeting me half way??!! Finally said no thanks.... went to second Chevy dealer today. They found the exact same car but in champagne silver and titanium intoerior in Oregon.... told him my story and in 30 minutes had a deal in 17500... :) woohoo have to wait three days they even let me put 43 miles on a silver one to drive home and show my wife the color.... liked that 6 speed kinda fun but I am getting the auto. Hope the titanuim interior looks ok didn't really see it except on web site... only saw the jet black and red/black... i liked both of those so am hoping titanium is good too.... sure drives solid for a smaller car and roomy on the inside as well.... hope I made the right call here! :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
So I am new here I promise after iI get my Cruze I'll be in the forum allot......just like the Kawasaki versys forum. Any way drove 2014 eco today and think its a great car...I am on a tight budget and have 2 options.
Used 2014 white eco with power seats, remote start, back up camera 14800 miles 17500 price

Another dealer

Same car and color now remote start, power seats or back up camera. New around 18200........

Any advice? I would like a back camera other then that new is nice too!
I hate the car buying experiance lol

Thanks forum
Tommy, first thing to do is pray over it. Then, two main points to consider: (a).expected mileage (MPG) and (b).mechanical soundness of car. My Cruze LS (1.8L/AutoTrans) gets 25 MPG winter/28 MPG summer (~75% in-town/30% highway, and as much as 30MPG+ with ~60%-70% highway, in summer). (I expected better from this car). The second point is (what I'd do) bring the car to a mechanic that you trust. Let him/(her) put it up on the lift and look under is for any signs of oil leaks/damage/excessive wear/anomalies. Also, let him look under the hood. And the outside sheet metal. And ask questions! This is one way to ensure you're not sold a car that's not mechanically sound. It will save you buyer's remorse, and money. (God Bless).

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well it's a done deal. I am a happy owner of a new Cruze 1LT. So far very happy. Lots of stuff to figure out....I'll be searching for the following on past posts
1) Droid hooked up via USB (how do I not have it scan whole phone but only music?) Also why does it show the music on droid (not pandora) as playing over blue tooth on display but sound only coming out of phone
2) good all weather floor/trunk mats
3) Good winter tires
4) Does MPG get better with break in?
5) How much does XM cost and if you get deals..
6) Droid navigation can I play it over bluetooth or USB?
7) I replied on test and my link kept saying failure to send text retry? I did like 10 times... my friend got 10 texts lol
8) Does anyone scotch guard seats any more? I have a 5 year old... i remembered why i liked leather but still like current seats. If people did did they just spray it on them selves?
9) Saw in owners manual something about apps for mylink...will check that out.

think that's it for now...

·
Epic Beard Man
5,388 Posts
Congrats!

2) good all weather floor/trunk mats
3) Good winter tires
4) Does MPG get better with break in?
2) The big players are Husky Liner and Weathertech. GM Accessories makes a mat too, but it doesn't cover nearly as much, it's the size of your carpet mats. Husky and WT are comparable in quality and fitment, but WT costs more. I'm not a fan of WT's surface materials, and like the cost savings of Husky. I got the trunk Husky as well, which has been very convenient. Have an older Husky as well that has held up well over many years.

3) I have Michelin X-ice, which is a more premium snow tire, and I believe the only snow tire with a warranty. There are many options out there though.

4) Yes, after time. I find it breaks in kinda slow. Your initial tank or two will be low, but then it'll be about the same from 1000 miles to probably 7-8k. After that you'll see slight improvements, but nothing major. Make sure to change your oil at around 3000 for the first change instead of waiting for the oil life monitor, which will take you way out for the first time.

That's about all I can add because I don't have a Droid nor MyLink nor cloth seats.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,599 Posts
ScotchGuard FTW! Yeah, I did it myself. Buy 2 cans.

I have the GM rubber mats, and the flipping stupid retaining ring pops out every time I take the drivers side one out, even after snapping it back together. Other than that, I like them.

Oh, and congrats on the new car!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ScotchGuard FTW! Yeah, I did it myself. Buy 2 cans.

I have the GM rubber mats, and the flipping stupid retaining ring pops out every time I take the drivers side one out, even after snapping it back together. Other than that, I like them.

Oh, and congrats on the new car!
Thanks I'll scotch guard soon then!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 21 Posts