Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I am car shopping and considering a 2011 rslt2. So I'm doing research on the car and its reliability.
I found out aboutthe recalls and will know tomorrow if they have been addressed. Any insight on know issues to look at is appreciated. Thanks!

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,610 Posts
It would be best to avoid any Cruze from the 2011 model year. They have all kinds of first-year issues including total (auto) transmission failure that is becoming common on the forums here. (The transmission was redesigned for 2012+).

Reliability gradually got better with each model year. Generally, we recommend 2014+ for the 1.4T and 2012+ for the 1.8.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well, I just bought a 2012 Eco 6 speed manual. They are notorious for blowing the valve cover gasket and water pumps. The water pump is covered up to 150k miles. The valve cover gasket issue is from a bad design PCV system. There is a fix for it if you handy with working on vehicles. Search Check valve PCV system bypass on here or Google for the 1.4 L turbo Cruze. Also the turbo oil lines should be replaced, the new ones have a heat shield. They are great little cars but they're is some parts that need addressed for more reliability. Don't let that scare you. I've done all the extra mods, fluids, check valve bypass etc. Also get the Trifecta tune. There is others out there but I think trifecta is the best bang for the buck and performance. Research this site and ask questions.

·
Vendor
561 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Yeah, we would recommend shipping for something 2012+, with good service records if you can track that down as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the welcome and information. I bought the 2011. It was owned and driven by an older lady. She took meticulous care of the car. All maint records. It has 94000 on it. I changed trans fluid and spark plugs that was the only things not done. I'm getting around 37mpg on highway and 27 in town. I'm well pleased with the car. It is the rs package. Thanks all.

·
Premium Member
2,698 Posts
Congrats, sounds like you’ve done your homework. Happy Cruzin!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts