Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

what Transmission do you have and Are you interested in a short shifter

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey , as much i would love one, i have a A/T, but i have a friend who wants one and i know others on here are interested in starting this poll so i thought i jump in and set it up.

Thanks to those who have voted. IT would be great if everyone who views this thread to weigh in. We are hoping to show that there is a market for this and every vote counts.

Registered

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #4
add it to the poll if you would please. they are trying to get enough data to convince a company to create one for us

Registered
Maybe we should also create a list of know short shifter companies such as b&g. I know some of you have reached out to b&g but maybe we can lucky with someone else.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #6
agree

Premium Member
Good we need to do this with other products.

Sent from my Droid using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Registered
I'll kick this off (please keep in mind these are companies that make short shifters and some of these only keep to one car brand):
  • AC schnitzer
  • Active autowerkes
  • Agency power
  • ARK
  • B&M
  • Cusco
  • Forge (might have a good shot here if BOVs sell well)
  • Hurst
  • Torque Solutions
  • Perrin
  • Ralco rz

Premium Member
I'll kick this off (please keep in mind these are companies that make short shifters and some of these only keep to one car brand):AC schnitzerActive autowerkesAgency powerARKB&MCuscoForge (might have a good shot here if BOVs sell well)HurstPerrinTorque Solutions
Can't read it very well

Registered
I fear that there not enough members here who will vote for this, if they ever see it. When people stop voting in a few days this thread will disappear down the list. It might be a good idea to pin it so that it will brought to everybody's attention for the next few months at least.

Administrator
I fear that there not enough members here who will vote for this, if they ever see it. When people stop voting in a few days this thread will disappear down the list. It might be a good idea to pin it so that it will brought to everybody's attention for the next few months at least.
:signs015:

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #13
how would i pin it so that it stay ontop?

Administrator
Looks like XR stickied it for you.

Administrator
I'm the sole "negative" vote so far. I actually am used to much longer throws (1-4 on the floor; 5th in the passenger wheel well) so I consider the Cruze to be a short shift.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #16
is there a way to advertise this poll on the facebook page?

Registered
I'll kick this off (please keep in mind these are companies that make short shifters and some of these only keep to one car brand):
  • AC schnitzer
  • Active autowerkes
  • Agency power
  • ARK
  • B&M
  • Cusco
  • Forge (might have a good shot here if BOVs sell well)
  • Hurst
  • Torque Solutions
  • Perrin
B&M is the parent of HURST. They will only be interested if we can guarantee 500 buyers

Premium Member
I'm the sole "negative" vote so far. I actually am used to much longer throws (1-4 on the floor; 5th in the passenger wheel well) so I consider the Cruze to be a short shift.
I voted negative as well. I thought compared to other manuals I've had, the throw has really shortened up in the Cruze. I fear if the throw gets too short, like some of you want, your chance of grinding and missing gears will skyrocket.

Premium Member
I voted negative as well. I thought compared to other manuals I've had, the throw has really shortened up in the Cruze. I fear if the throw gets too short, like some of you want, your chance of grinding and missing gears will skyrocket.
Thats is my only scare to byt after driving thia car for over a year I've learened not to hit high rwvs from first to second, but I also don't drag race so thay wont help any of y'all that do.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts