Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

what Transmission do you have and Are you interested in a short shifter

• Total voters
41 - 60 of 87 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,500 Posts
I'm ordering it tonight I'm going to try and get it 2 day shipped so I can try and get them on Saturday if I get them.

Sent from my Droid using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,500 Posts
Well they wont cut me a deal on shipping so it seems ill be second to get them.

·
Premium Member
2,021 Posts
It doesn't matter if they fit or not because if they dont we can take measurements and they will MAKE them and send them out so either way we get them it's just a matter of time.

·
Registered
475 Posts
David from DDMWorks got back to me and said that he did some looking into it and from what he's seen they should fit. He said that he wasn't able to confirm with part #'s or drawings (still waiting) so he is only 99% sure. So if you do order them, don't be mad if they don't fit. You can always send them back.

I figure for $25, I'm going to order them and try them out.

I asked him if they don't fit, if I could do some measurements and collect some data and have them make a set for the Cruze. He said yes. So, shifter bushing here we come!

These vendors [Forge, DDMWorks] are really nice to talk to. DDMWorks are giving the 1.4 a lot of love. Plenty of stuff in the pipeline coming from them [for the Sonic] so maybe we'll get some love too.
Where the bushings go btw ?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
2,021 Posts
Under the shifter boot. I'll take pics when I put them in.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm not entirely sure what a short shifter is, but if I had to guess it means shortening the distance between gears. I'm going to have to go with no on this one.

1. This isn't a real sports car. (I do however want a performance clutch for those times you need to hammer it, that second gear grinding sucks.)
2. It's not really that far of a shift. Considering I've driven my friends F 150 with a manual transmission, our gearbox is really close and tight in comparison. So to y'all I could see maybe a want for a short shifter...
but in short I'm voting no on this one. I don't know how much it'd cost but I'd rather spend the money on other mod's.

·
Premium Member
2,021 Posts
I'm not entirely sure what a short shifter is
I recommend watching this before making any judgement calls. In this vid the stock throw is 7mm and they take it to 4mm which = HUGE HUGE difference.

·
Premium Member
4,500 Posts
Good video really helpful.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
i watch thier channel alot, they have alot of good videos on there about simple mods, lowering springs, front monted intercoolers tuning...etc.

·
Premium Member
4,500 Posts
i watch thier channel alot, they have alot of good videos on there about simple mods, lowering springs, front monted intercoolers tuning...etc.
Yea I subscribe to them.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I'm not entirely sure what a short shifter is, but if I had to guess it means shortening the distance between gears. I'm going to have to go with no on this one.
As I mentioned previously, the shortened distance is not the only benefit. A short shifter will allow for smoother and easier shifting (less effort ). In my Civic Si, I could shift through the gears with my pinky.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
bump, wanted to get this back up the list for more votes

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
hey everyone, just looking for more votes to provide to manufactures

·
Premium Member
2,021 Posts
Did any of you that took the plunge try installing the shifter bushings from DDMWorks?
Still waiting for mine to come in. I ordered a set of booger's at the same time for the SRT-4. They came in Saturday so I installed them and took it out. Man it's stiff! No more slop. But the set came with 4, two under the shifter and 2 at the tranny. DDMWorks is only for under the shifter.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Their 933 views and only 37 votes whyyy!!!
Vote ppl would be nice to have a short shifter :)

·
Premium Member
4,500 Posts
Still waiting for mine to come in. I ordered a set of booger's at the same time for the SRT-4. They came in Saturday so I installed them and took it out. Man it's stiff! No more slop. But the set came with 4, two under the shifter and 2 at the tranny. DDMWorks is only for under the shifter.
Dont forget to do a write up if they fit.

·
Premium Member
2,021 Posts
Dont forget to do a write up if they fit.

Tapping my foot waiting for UPS guy. Says it's out for delivery :) Everyday I feel like the shifter is getting worse (all in my head of course).

·
Premium Member
4,500 Posts
i just want it to work so at least it will feel better.

41 - 60 of 87 Posts