·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Hey guys we need more votes if you are viewing the trhead please vote

·
Premium Member
2,021 Posts
Honestly, I think we need linkage bushings and a stiff trans mount before a short shifter. Those two items would greatly improve shifting.

What is the poll going to be used for? Interest in a purchase? While I know most members would be interested, only a few would actually pay out since the cost will be $250-$350.

·
Premium Member
4,500 Posts
Honestly, I think we need linkage bushings and a stiff trans mount before a short shifter. Those two items would greatly improve shifting.

What is the poll going to be used for? Interest in a purchase? While I know most members would be interested, only a few would actually pay out since the cost will be $250-$350.
I'm with titan on this but would pay for a short throw also.

Sent from my Droid using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
475 Posts
Hope with time they make us a nice short shifter hope it happens 😄

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hmm, sounds awesome, but I have the auto.

I'm pretty sure the manual I saw here in Aus had a short throw shifter installed.
I could be wrong.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
the point was to gauge intrest in the subject, i have a A/T so i lose out on the fun, but some were trying to get interest up in order to get a company interested in making parts for us.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Any update on the install?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'll kick this off (please keep in mind these are companies that make short shifters and some of these only keep to one car brand):
  • AC schnitzer
  • Active autowerkes
  • Agency power
  • ARK
  • B&M
  • Cusco
  • Forge (might have a good shot here if BOVs sell well)
  • Hurst
  • Torque Solutions
  • Perrin
  • Ralco rz
i had the Hurst short-throw in my 07 Cobalt SS/SC and it felt, cheap and loose, but the throws were definitely shorter. I should've gone with the TWN (if memory serves). It had the reputation has being tighter and better built.

·
Registered
37 Posts
me too, also curious about a different more attractive MT shifter Knob
i bought a replacement shifter knob, but it won't work on the Cruze shifter due to the design. Sooner or later, someone will make a short-throw for these things. it took a year or two with the Cobalts and longer than that for the Cavaliers.

·
Registered
28 Posts
So I took a video clip of how sloppy the shifter bushing is at the transaxle linkage.

Is anyone working on a replacement bushing??? I really don't have the time to fabricate one on my own.

You have to click to watch, I don't know how to embed the video on here.

And for reference, here is a photo of the linkage. (Yes, I posted it earlier)

·
Premium Member
2,021 Posts
Nice job, Mike. That's what I've been saying this whole time. No one makes them as far as I know. But, I bet you could 1) find a set for another car that matched same OD/ID and height 2) Fill them in with polyurethane. If they are anything like the ones from my SRT-4, they will have holes in them which make them very squishy and can be filled easily(?).

You should pull them out and take pics and dimensions.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks.

I have not had someone sit inside the car to verify, but I bet this bushing slop translates to a fair amount of useless movement at the shifter itself - maybe as much as an inch - I don't know...

I am having trouble just getting the retaining cap off the darn thing. I can see how it's clipped on, but wasn't successful (yet!) at popping it off.

·
Registered
37 Posts
that explains why the shifter is so sloppy when you're really flogging molly through the gears... come on! Someone make a shifter for this car already!

·
Premium Member
4,500 Posts
that explains why the shifter is so sloppy when you're really flogging molly through the gears... come on! Someone make a shifter for this car already!
Yes I will be getting it to test on our cars its made in Holland for Opels with the m32 transmission they guarantee it to work on our cars.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,500 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Agreed and I am in.

·
Premium Member
4,500 Posts
I love my shifter shortner.