Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
16,662 Posts
I'm guessing those things tend to happen on the 1st gen of Cruze, and is not seen much if at all on the 2nd gen (someone correct me if I'm wrong).
The 1st gen I would not buy. I'm seeing too many complaints. But I'm still considering the 2nd gen, now that the used car prices on them are tanking a lot.
No common PCV issues with Gen 2. Motor is new from the ground up.

·
Registered
24 Posts
2015 1LT RS auto 1.4L - 48500mi
service item 1: blind-spot monitor module fail, which is a known issue. Replaced under warranty.
service item 2: noisy upper left strut mount, replaced under warranty
service item 3: inconsistent rattle in steering, bad left LCA, replaced outside of warranty, under $200

over 50% left in brake pads
plenty of tread on stock tires and winter tires (late Nov- mid Mar)
no apparent wear to cloth upholstery
no rust or uneven paint fade (replaced left fender from slight accident @35k mi, new paint matched perfectly)
lifetime mpg - 28.3 mostly Chicago traffic (horrible)
best mpg - 39.2 (all road trips net 36+)

·
Registered
24 Posts
LCA?

Are you in the city?
Yes. Lower control arm. And I was talking about local commuting in the city.

UPDATE:

Of course, immediately after mentioning the relatively good history I've had with the Cruze... it happened.

I got a bunch of error messages, then the trans seems to pop into neutral, as I could hit the gas and the engine would rev but the car wasn't going any faster. Felt exactly like it was in neutral. I coasted off at the first off ramp, hit the green light and coasted into a parking lot. I turned the car off, waited a minute and it wouldn't restart at all, not even a crank. Called a tow truck.

Will update.

·
Super Moderator
7,476 Posts
Yes. Lower control arm. And I was talking about local commuting in the city.

UPDATE:

Of course, immediately after mentioning the relatively good history I've had with the Cruze... it happened.

I got a bunch of error messages, then the trans seems to pop into neutral, as I could hit the gas and the engine would rev but the car wasn't going any faster. Felt exactly like it was in neutral. I coasted off at the first off ramp, hit the green light and coasted into a parking lot. I turned the car off, waited a minute and it wouldn't restart at all, not even a crank. Called a tow truck.

Will update.
Start your own thread to explain. Post the codes too.

61 - 66 of 66 Posts