Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
9,350 Posts
Take the VIN number, go to a trusted GM dealership and buy that car from them.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Dealers aren't required to tell you why a car was traded in, or what work was done previously under warranty. And to hold them to some standard that they should is silly. Though simply asking them for the GM service history without accusing them of trying to get something over on you will likely result in them just showing you the GM service history, which most likely isn't listed fully on a Carfax report anyway.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If it's GM certified it's worth more than if it's not. You should find out when the vehicle was originally purchased, this is the date the factory warranties started.
I'm not sure how it works with GM, or GM in Canada where the OP lives, but in the US the Ford Certified cars come with a much better warranty then their new cars. This is the type of thing that makes buying a CPO car worth it if it is applicable. Presumably if Ford does it, some other manufacturers are as well. I'd do my homework no that.

Ownership Is Easy With Certified Pre-Owned Benefits
When you buy a Certified Pre-Owned vehicle from Chevrolet, Buick and GMC, you're protected from the moment you leave the lot to start your next chapter. Why? Because all of our vehicles come with two factory-backed auto warranties that combine to provide fantastic coverage: an impressive 12-Month/12,000-Mile Bumper-to-Bumper Limited Warranty† and a 6-Year/100,000-Mile Powertrain Limited Warranty†, both with $0 deductible.

Get a 12-Month/12,000-Mile Bumper-to-Bumper Limited Warranty, which is an extension to the New Car Warranty.

So as I suspected, the CPO warranty is better then the factory warranty.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I’m looking at buying a 2019 Chev Cruze Hatchback rs, and I’m just wondering if I should. It’s a discontinued car and the selling price from the dealer is $24,000. I was told today that the car I’m looking at buying was sold before and the previous owner had it for 3 weeks before returning it back to the dealership because she was having issues with it. Power steering had gone on her and issues with the power windows and the dealer didn’t tell me any of this.. should I still buy this car?
Absolutely not ...Runnnn.Me and my mother both have Cruzes mine a 2013 hers a 2014 we have had so many problems with both vehichles..Anything you can imagine going wrong will..It hadls been a nightmare..And the dealershio has been extremley rude to both us ..We have purchased 5 blvehichles from them but def wont be going back ..Save ur self a headache and run as fast as you can from the Chevrolet Cruze..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I’m looking at buying a 2019 Chev Cruze Hatchback rs, and I’m just wondering if I should. It’s a discontinued car and the selling price from the dealer is $24,000. I was told today that the car I’m looking at buying was sold before and the previous owner had it for 3 weeks before returning it back to the dealership because she was having issues with it. Power steering had gone on her and issues with the power windows and the dealer didn’t tell me any of this.. should I still buy this car?
Don't buy a cruze period their nothong but a nightmare in my opinion I had to put on
about 2400 dollars of
I wouldn't buy unless you like spending money on repairs i have owned mine for 3 years and have had to put 3 valve covers a turbo 2 thermostats water outlet valve water pump 2 belts on save yourself the headache worst car i have ever owned

·
Registered
39 Posts
Offer them $20k and if they don't take it, give them your phone number and walk away. It's been my experience that if they don't take the money right then they'll call later in the day.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Can’t really comment on the pricing, which is always a highly variable thing and which the COVID impacts on new production has driven the used market prices higher than normal, but I’d recommend that you just do the research to confirm what each of the issues were with this car and how they were repaired. If what you find out from that makes you uncomfortable, then don’t buy the car. Cars are just machines made by man and they will all have issues at some point, though it is perfectly reasonable to expect a new car to have no immediate problems. I have a 2018 RS Hatchback Diesel with a manual transmission that I bought new in May of 2018 and now have 40,000 miles on it with zero issues to date, and I’ve been very pleased overall with my Cruze. I personally have no concerns about its discontinued status (even for my relatively rare model/configuration) because I’m confident that GM will maintain the capability to service and repair it for the 6 to 10 years that I plan to drive it. Good luck your decision, hope that wherever you do works out favorably for you!

·
Registered
2012 Cruze Eco 6 Speed
342 Posts
Absolutely not ...Runnnn.Me and my mother both have Cruzes mine a 2013 hers a 2014 we have had so many problems with both vehichles..Anything you can imagine going wrong will..It hadls been a nightmare..And the dealershio has been extremley rude to both us ..We have purchased 5 blvehichles from them but def wont be going back ..Save ur self a headache and run as fast as you can from the Chevrolet Cruze..
I can say that I wont buy another one. Should just got another saturn. Next car I get will be a toyota corolla.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts