Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My oil change place asked if I would like to have them replace the oil drain plug with a quick connect fitting so that they never need to unscrew or torque the drain plug again. They replace it for free and let me keep the original plug in case I want to put it back in. Then they just quick connect a machine that sucks out all of the oil - no mess. It sounds like a good idea, but I am not completely sure. Any thoughts?

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,274 Posts
We really think that since it is your cruzen , it is your money , it is your choice !

Reactions: MassCruzeLTZ

·
Premium Member
2,234 Posts
Agree with Brian but I personally wouldn't do it just because I don't trust that their quick connect will fit properly and not screw with the threads either. Now, if they warranted their "quick connect" then by all means go for it. Do these quick lube service stations use Dexos quality oil???

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We really think that since it is your cruzen , it is your money , it is your choice !
Who are we? Are you speaking on behalf of all of the Cruzetalk members? Just curious.

Obviously it is my money and choice, but I was wondering if anyone had experience or opinions about these things. I would imagine someone has seen them before.

The oil change place I am planning to use is Chevron Oil Stop. They use Chevron's Dexos 1 oil.

·
Registered
104 Posts

I think Brians referring to "We Myself and I"

And I'm sure you know it's your money. So if the oil leaks out and YOU damage YOUR engine, Will the oil change place pay or will you spend your money????
Personal opinion, I would'nt do it, but that's my opinion

·
Registered
148 Posts
How often do you change your oil? Pulling the plug isn't exactly a time consuming process, so maybe this quick fitting can save you half an hour a year? I don't think it is worth it.

·
Registered
391 Posts
How often do you change your oil? Pulling the plug isn't exactly a time consuming process, so maybe this quick fitting can save you half an hour a year? I don't think it is worth it.
Agree completely.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,274 Posts
6 different people have given you a response , now you know whom we are !
On a side note ,,,, CruzeEcoBlueTopaz,,, has 200.000 plus miles on his cruzen and has found that he will be replacing his oil pan because his threads have stripped out from the constant oil changes . So if you feel this could spare you then by all means ask him to try it out first !

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It would be installed by the oil change place. It is so that they can speed up the oil changes. It looks like the quick connect on an air hose. The person underneath connects the hose to a machine that sucks out the oil. The idea was interesting to me because the posts on this forum seem to indicate that the Cruze has a strangely fragile oil drain plug. But as MassCruze stated, maybe it isn't worth it because there is the possibility that it could fail and leak, or even get broken off by stuff on the road. Thanks for the opinions.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts