Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since info is scarce and you need to dig for it and i am in the process of getting ready to buy oil for my cruze should i make a list of oils out there that are aca c3 rated to make it easier???

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
I think there's a sticky on oil here under the technical forum IIRC

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok you can close this. I didn't see the newer list

·
Registered
96 Posts
I've been a amsoil guy since 2007 and believe in it. I've used 0w30 since day one.
I am wondering now if 5w40 is better for turbo charged cars?
I am noticing the 0w30 being more darker when I check it time to time I am asumming that the turbo really uses the oil up.
Is 0w30 better or 5w40??

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
I've been a amsoil guy since 2007 and believe in it. I've used 0w30 since day one.
I am wondering now if 5w40 is better for turbo charged cars?
I am noticing the 0w30 being more darker when I check it time to time I am asumming that the turbo really uses the oil up.
Is 0w30 better or 5w40??
The diesel recommendation 5W30, but the most important thing is that it's a low or mid SAPS oil. By the way you are in the diesel section :)

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Also, color of oil has little to do with anything.
Yes. 5 minutes after changing the oil in the diesel, it's black. Perfectly normal.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Yes. 5 minutes after changing the oil in the diesel, it's black. Perfectly normal.
Even in a gasser I hear some people say I like A,B, or C oil better than D because it doesn't get dark on the dipstick as fast. Again nothing to do with how well the oil is protecting your engine, UOA has proven this fact over and over. An oil can look completely spent and just be getting started on it's service life.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts