Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Should I paint my calipers?

9597 47
I have a black cruze LTZ with the RS package. I am debating if I should paint the calipers red or not. Any suggestions? Anyone who has done it, can you send me a picture of how it turned out?

Thanks!
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
I would also like to see a pic. I have a Red RS and was thinking of doing it.

· Registered
391 Posts
I have a black cruze LTZ with the RS package. I am debating if I should paint the calipers red or not. Any suggestions? Anyone who has done it, can you send me a picture of how it turned out?

Thanks!
I was debating doing this also but my car is the Red Metallic color. I don't think the bright red calipers with look good on my car, maybe I'll paint them black...

· Registered
34 Posts
Anyone seen those plastic "Brembo" caliper covers on eBay? They look like they would probably fall off (not worth $40). I don't even think they would fit on the front of my Cruze.

· Premium Member
4,338 Posts
...use HIGH temperature paint, or it'll eventually end up looking black regardless of what color you started with.

· Registered
34 Posts
I have used the duplicolor box kit (brush on)
on my mustang years ago it is still holding up well.

Oh, and that kit is enough to do several cars!

· Premium Member
646 Posts
good reviews on amazon

Amazon.com: Duplicolor - High Performance Caliper Paint Kit with Ceramic, Red (BCP400): Automotive

I've had this product on my Corvette for over three years. It still looks like the day I applied it. Absolutely no fade or discoloration whatsoever. It's important to note that the paint does set up (read 'dries) quickly and will require multiple coats. However, a little preplanning and a thorough reading of the instructions will result in a quality finish. I would suggest that the brush supplied as part of the kit is very coarse and difficult to use in tight areas. I substituted a smooth artist's brush which worked very well and gave smooth results.

· Premium Member
4,338 Posts
Im gonna go with no, I think its tacky unless its the real deal.
...what? you don't like red toe nails seen 'peeking' through the wheel spokes on your car (wink,wink)?

· Registered
258 Posts
So I have done this on previous cars before there are a couple of things to consider the calipers already have a coating on them to avoid rust, the paint doesn't last but maybe a year. And whenever you get new tires they will scratch the paint job. I put on four coats of the actual high heat paint and then 3 coats of high heat clear coat it looks nice first year as previously stated it does like to let brake dust stick to it too so washing them alot is a requirement. I hope this helps.

· Premium Member
65 Posts
I was debating doing this also but my car is the Red Metallic color. I don't think the bright red calipers with look good on my car, maybe I'll paint them black...
Agreed. For the Red Metallic, you'd have to go with a color match or black to look good, IMO. Otherwise, I'd say a bright red would go well with any other Cruze color....especially Black and White.

· Premium Member
333 Posts
As mentioned, the DupliColor stuff is great. I first applied it on my last vehicle nearly 6 years ago, it has faded some since I haven't retouched it, but it still looks good. It's easy to do and everything is included in the box, including the brush (i think).

If I ever paint mine (I have a black metallic RS also), I'd probably end up going either black or a nicer looking silver.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.