Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Untitled by scarybaldguy2002, on Flickr

This, people, is why you shoulder-check before changing lanes: because that car that was at your 7 o'clock before you stood on your brakes to make your lane change immediately moved up to your 9 o'clock.

Little chica's insurance better not fight the subrogation for my deductible, yo.

ETA: Baby still handles just fine at speed and made no undue noise on the highway, so it seems that all the damage is cosmetic. I haven't tried to open either door or lower the windows.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, no injuries. This was the other driver's first rodeo and she was completely scatterbrained. After I asked if she was OK, I had to remind her to turn on her hazards and shut off the engine. :uhh:

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
man that sucks. Sorry :(:(
Well, look at it this way: maybe her insurance will pop for a CTS-V for my rental while baby's in the shop.

·
Registered
343 Posts
This, people, is why you shoulder-check before changing lanes: because that car that was at your 7 o'clock before you stood on your brakes to make your lane change immediately moved up to your 9 o'clock.

Little chica's insurance better not fight the subrogation for my deductible, yo.
WTF! Dam sorry to see this happen to anyone, but I suppose it could have been worse... good no one was injured & seems like you'll come out OK with you getting the insurance on your side. Oh & hey nice wheels... rims look good.

Don't forget... ask for genuine GM parts!

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL, those are stock LS wheels. :p

I've talked to her insurance and so far they're playing fair. We'll see what the adjuster has to say on Tuesday (stupid holiday weekend).

·
Registered
184 Posts
Sorry to see your baby banged up :-( ****

Sent from my DROID Pro using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
343 Posts
LOL, those are stock LS wheels. :p

I've talked to her insurance and so far they're playing fair. We'll see what the adjuster has to say on Tuesday (stupid holiday weekend).
Oh... well I've never seen them. I like the pattern... anyway I think your Cruze must have gotten wind of your other thread I may need to make a painful decision so it may have been trying to tell you something? :1poke:

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Heh. Could be, except that now her resale/book value will take even more of a beating, assuming the repair goes on the title history.

Funny thing: the car that hit me is a 2006 Cheveo. The left front corner is pretty much trashed.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Toyota Compact car

I can only assume she was trying to hang a U when she smacked me. It's a confusing stretch of road and I got the impression before the crash that she didn't know where she was going.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Wow that really sucks man, I would be very upset. I can't stand people that do things that don't make sense. Good luck, I hope you don't get knocked too hard because of it.

Sent from my DROID X2 using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Was she cute at least?

So what's up with her insurance company?
Yeah, very cute. Unfortunately, her BF was the first person she called and first on scene (and he looked as scared of me as she did). Second was her mother. And she's about half my age.

Er, "half my age" meaning the girl who hit me, not her mother.

Her insurance is OK. There's four cars and *eight* drivers on the policy, LOL. The claims rep I spoke to this evening was decent. As long as the adjuster doesn't try to surprise-sex me on Tuesday...

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wow that really sucks man, I would be very upset. I can't stand people that do things that don't make sense. Good luck, I hope you don't get knocked too hard because of it.
I see so much insanity on the roads every day, this didn't surprise me at all. When I heard the BANG and felt my car lurch to the left, I just sighed and pulled over.

Looking at the paint marks, she hit me at a 45 degree angle. The extreme left front corner of her car has a light blue scrape to match the dark blue gash in my door. How the **** she managed that, I have no idea.

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
Ouch! Sorry to see that! Hope it's fixed soon.

OTOH, since you get a rental, it'll be time to test out if an automatic is better for the commute.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Not really, since I don't have the new job yet and I'm really not inclined to get up every morning at 0-dark-hundred to test my theory.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I can't stand stupid drivers. Here in Houston people are incredibly distracted by their phones. We've got stretches of highway where traffic goes from 55 mph to a stop at a stop light and people are so into their phones that they mash into their brakes last minute and leave an unconscionable mile between them and the car in front of them. I can't tell you how many fender benders I've seen because of this. Just yesterday I was coming to a stop at a feeder road intersection and I pass this lady just sitting in her little crapolla a good 60 feet from the rest of the cars looking down at her (whaddayah know) phone. This is no exaggeration; you could parallel park an 18 wheeler in this gap. Next thing you know the Excursion who's getting off the highway at 60 mph gets up right behind her and realizes what's going on gives her a nice big ass honk. And then she moves. Man if I were a cop...

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hokay, so. Estimate from Tracy's Auto Body comes in at $3625. The other driver's insurance adjuster took Friday *and* today off. Five day weekend, must be nice. And my (USAA) adjuster's phone is going straight to vm.

Yes, my car is driveable. That's not the point; the longer I drive with body damage, the less cooperative the insurance companies will be because they'll claim I made it worse by driving. Also, those of you who've seen my baby IRL know how meticulous I am about maintaining her, so you can imagine how this is grating on my nerves.

Reactions: Starks8

·
Registered
337 Posts
This almost happened to me a couple days ago. It was some moron who was getting off the highway and decided at the last second he was on the wrong off ramp!... the thing is I kinda had a feeling he was an idiot so I was watching and was able to squeeze over a bit while I wailed on my horn as I slipped passed him lol.

I wonder what is more expensive, the side panel or the 2 doors? I'm pretty sure the entire side panel is one piece so the whole thing will be replaced.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts