Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2012 Cruze LTZ began having problems receiving signals from multiple devices at the same time a couple years ago. All still work, but only at very close proximity to the car. This includes key fob remote start, remote lock and unlock of doors, keyless entry works pretty well when standing closest to the location of the receiver behind back seat on right side, but not well when furtherest away near driver door. Tire pressure sometimes isn’t received for left front wheel only (furtherest from receiver location at back seat)). That position wheel is the only one that signal isn’ t received at times. If tires/wheels are rotated, whatever one that ends up on front driver side becomes the problem. I strongly suspect that the device receiving the signals that’s behind the rear seat is the problem since multiple signal transmitting devices are all involved and all began to exhibit the problem at the same time, and new batteries in them make no difference. Has anyone experienced this, and if so, is there an easy fix that doesn’t involve completely replacing the receiver device behind the back seat?

·
Registered
75 Posts
The TPMS and Fob have the same receiver its located by your rear view mirror..... Do have a dash cam or radar detector near there if you do it can interfere with the receiver. or a bad receiver?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Something made me think it was behind the rear seat on the passenger side. I'll look look in that windshield compartment and see if any problems are evident. Thanks again!

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
8,470 Posts
My 2012 Cruze LTZ began having problems receiving signals from multiple devices at the same time a couple years ago. All still work, but only at very close proximity to the car. This includes key fob remote start, remote lock and unlock of doors, keyless entry works pretty well when standing closest to the location of the receiver behind back seat on right side, but not well when furtherest away near driver door. Tire pressure sometimes isn’t received for left front wheel only (furtherest from receiver location at back seat)). That position wheel is the only one that signal isn’ t received at times. If tires/wheels are rotated, whatever one that ends up on front driver side becomes the problem. I strongly suspect that the device receiving the signals that’s behind the rear seat is the problem since multiple signal transmitting devices are all involved and all began to exhibit the problem at the same time, and new batteries in them make no difference. Has anyone experienced this, and if so, is there an easy fix that doesn’t involve completely replacing the receiver device behind the back seat?
Welcome Aboard!(y)

I looked at your thread as I thought it might be about the stereo as my radio reception is down to 3 local stations. As for the fob reception, to help you out a bit, hold it next to your head, touching it, and then press the button. Your head acts as an amplifier.

Don't forget to introduce yourself and your Cruze here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts