Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Often commented all that food related throwaway plastic we are forced to buy and recycle is a heck of a lot tougher than what they use in our vehicles.

As far as warranty replacement, one dealer or two dealers will say no, a third my say yes.

·
Administrator
25,121 Posts
If you're under the B2B warranty it is covered. If you're out of the B2B warranty this piece itself is about $20 and takes about 5 minutes to replace.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
If you're under the B2B warranty it is covered. If you're out of the B2B warranty this piece itself is about $20 and takes about 5 minutes to replace.
This is dumb question but how does it come off and on. Thinking about plastic dip.

·
Administrator
25,121 Posts
Using your finger nails as the plastic is very, very soft.

1. Very carefully lift the trim around the inside of gear shift up
2. Reach your fingers in at the bottom and lift. There are three or four (I can't remember which) tabs going up each side. Lift from the bottom of the horseshoe and work your way up each side.
3. Carefully lift the trim away from the console and flip over towards the passenger seat. Use a screwdriver to remove the two screws holding the traction control button to the trim.

See the thread linked in my sig to the Bluetooth AUX for more details.

·
Administrator
25,121 Posts
As said above but 4 screws (2 each side for the Trac control and the PRND+-)
I have a manual so I don't have the PRND+-. I'll keep the second pair of screws in mind for the automatics.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts