Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if anyone else has had similar issues and have any words of hope for my car...

2013 LT 1.4L Turbo 64,000 miles...

It started rough idling/jumping/lurching (misfiring). Service traction control & StabiliTrak and CEL came on...Took it to the dealership, they said the turbo went out. Replaced that under warranty, then said it was a bad coil pack. I have some concerns as to why the coil pack even went out in the first place...

Anyone have coil pack problem and have a similar issue? I want to believe that replacing the coil is going to be the solution, but worry there maybe an underlying issue that caused all of this...

Would really like to hear that others have had the coil pack replaced and it solved all there problems...if that's out there.

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
We've had some coil packs fail. Symptoms were similar to what you're reporting. Unfortunately they're not covered under the power train warranty (despite being a critical component). Fortunately they're relatively inexpensive ($100) and easy to replace (30 minutes max).

·
Registered
173 Posts
The turbo and the coil pack went bad at the same time??!

Did the turbo replacement fix the initial problem or do you think it was the coil pack all along?

·
Registered
7 Posts
My coil pack just died on me with only 32,300 miles on it!! I have a 2012 Chevy Cruze, 1.4 Turbo. Absolute bogus that it just "blew" at such low mileage!! Clearly, I don't use the car to excess based on the age and mileage. Totally pissed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just replaced my coil pack yesterday and only have 32,300 miles on my 2012 Cruze LT. Haven't really put any miles on it yet to see if it solved the problem. Is your Dealer covering the Coil Pack under your Warranty? Assume you still have Bumper to Bumper coverage??

·
Registered
354 Posts
Coil packs and turbos are a consumable on these cars... Im convinced they have a 50-100k mile life span.
Just wish chev dealers could diagnose worth a crap, better odds asking a fortune teller what to replace :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts