Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

chevrolet-cruze-blue-rotiform-nue-13 - Rides & Styling

This looks pretty cool to me.
A couple questions.

How to do it?
What size blade?
How does the wiper in this pic stay in that position?
Is it possible to shorten that wiper a bit, so it tucks like stock but still reaches and clears properly?
Is this mod something that could be done temporarily (easily reverted) if I just wanted to try it out?

There's info out there, but very mfg specific (VW, etc)
Thanks
N

·
Registered
192 Posts
From looking through the internetz, most of the vehicles I see with that wiper conversion have the wiper blade sitting in that position.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If it were something temporary, for a friday night, or if it really gets in the way - or if it turns out to be illegal - I don't want to break things or have to jump through too many hoops to get it back to normal.

·
Monsieur Charmant Résident
1,233 Posts
Yes, it's looks racy and purposeful to imitate single blade systems on purpose-built road racing cars and prototypes but I can tell you from experience their performance falls woefully short of a well-engineered dual wiper system. Both my street Volkwagen Scirocco and an SCCA competition vehicle I drove years back had them and, when the rain started to fall in torrents, forward visibility was miserable. On the race car at speed, straight Rain-X was more effective.

So if it's appearance alone you care about and live preferably in Southern California, then go for it. But if you put function over looks, stick with the dual wiper system.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lotta haters, thanks for the participation.

Thanks SG, that's good to know. I've always wondered about the performance of the single wipers on Mercedes (some models used to at least) where it looks jointed at the bottom of the arm. Those looked to have great coverage, but the speed in full swing is probably what's needed moreso.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
inssane
Chevrolet Cruze Forums
CruzeTalk.com forum, news, discussions and the best community for owners to discuss all things related to the Chevy Cruze.
Full Forum Listing