Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2016 chevrolet cruze lt and, the second time the service stabil system and reduced engine power problem.
I was told the 2016 series cruze cars this problem was fixed.any suggestions from a certified factory rep or MECHANIC.
Heinrich chevrolet told me this year cruze has no problems reported.
THANKYOU ALWAYS!

·
10,712 Posts
I have a 2016 chevrolet cruze lt and, the second time the service stabil system and reduced engine power problem.
I was told the 2016 series cruze cars this problem was fixed.any suggestions from a certified factory rep or MECHANIC.
THANKYOU ALWAYS!
Welcome to the forums, pick a new dealership if they can't or won't help you out on a brand new car. Reduced engine could possibly come on if you ran out of gas and just refilled it. besides that, not normal operation to just come on when it feels like it.

Chevy Customer Care should be able to help find another dealer.

·
Premium Member
5,639 Posts
THANKYOU ALWAYS!
Hey Tang good to see ya! Yes you need to take it to any Chevrolet Dealer, possibly any G.M. Dealership and have it looked at. I'm not sure we were aware of this particular problem but it varies from Car to Car, Day by Day, no one can tell you the problem was fixed aside from your local G.M. mechanic.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Ignore the Service StabiliTrac warning for right now. Find a different dealership and have them go after the reduced power warning. The Service StabiliTrac comes on if your car sneezes and will most likely go away as soon as a good dealership wipes it's proverbial nose.

Your previous dealership was talking about the Negative Battery Cable notice that came out last year that impacted the 2011 - 2014 model years. That notice did NOT include "reduced engine power" so the dealership was simply blowing you off. Should you get a service survey from them or GM give them the lowest marks possible for failure to actually try to figure out what's wrong with your car.

Welcome to CruzeTalk.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,272 Posts
I would like to know if you are driving this vehichle with warning lights displaying on your DIC ? Are you under reduced power at present ?

Is the CEL noticeable ?

Reactions: obermd

·
10,712 Posts
Ignore the Service StabiliTrac warning for right now. Find a different dealership and have them go after the reduced power warning. The Service StabiliTrac comes on if your car sneezes and will most likely go away as soon as a good dealership wipes it's proverbial nose.

Your previous dealership was talking about the Negative Battery Cable notice that came out last year that impacted the 2011 - 2014 model years. That notice did NOT include "reduced engine power" so the dealership was simply blowing you off. Should you get a service survey from them or GM give them the lowest marks possible for failure to actually try to figure out what's wrong with your car.

Welcome to CruzeTalk.
Make sure you fill in the box saying why they got that mark so it doesn't get brushed off as someone who assumed there was something wrong like 228*F coolant temps or 12.5 MPH grind noise on first start up and drive.

I would like to know if you are driving this vehichle with warning lights displaying on your DIC ? Are you under reduced power at present ?

Is the CEL noticeable ?
Do you remember how slow your Cruze was? Picture it even slower...

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,272 Posts
So ahh Merc do you have the problem ahh sir ?

·
10,712 Posts
So ahh Merc do you have the problem ahh sir ?
Not at all. Not a fun one to have.

You asked if reduced power was noticeable, It pretty much makes an already slow car "painfully slower". Like being stuck behind that douche on a 2 lane road who thinks 26MPH is good enough for a 40 MPH rural road. The whole that's a MPG gaining speed and safer for those around when slow driving a non hybrid in low gears is the opposite and causes people to spend more time trying to get away from you vs safely concentrating on the road and surroundings. That same clown who will now speed up to 48 MPH to run the already changed to red light we all could have safely went through if he maintained the posted speed limit.

TL;DR? 3 coil packs in, I achieved painfully slow veteran status a few times.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,272 Posts
Now if we could only read back from this guy we will be able to help him out with better insight that he may quite possible be able to discern his best course of action without feeling inundated by us know it alls ..
I did experience this issue when the coil pack burned up on me going to work . Good thing the dealership were open on new years Eve and Welcoming ..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts