Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here have experience with the SiriusXM NavTraffic feature? I have it, but where I live in Virginia it doesn’t really get utilized. I’ve gotten a couple verbal announcements about an accident and roadworks (i.e. narrow lanes & construction) a couple times while driving on I-81 or I-64, but that’s about it. I’ve never had an actual message box pop up on my screen informing me about traffic incidents or heavy traffic while asking me if I care to be rerouted or detour around said incident or heavy traffic.

I’m curious to know if the NavTraffic actually will do this on the Cruze or does it just give verbal announcements accompanied with the traffic flow status that displays in green, yellow, or red lines beside the road? Does the NavTraffic feature not bring up/give drivers the option to reroute or detour around the incident or traffic that it’s giving verbal warnings about?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
7,815 Posts
I have it - and I love it.

It covers about 20 or 30 roadways in my community for traffic flow. Construction, closures and collisions are also indicated for all roadways.

I have my nav set to adjust routing based on the nav traffic. I wouldn't buy a car without it.

·
Premium Member
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have my nav set to adjust routing based on the nav traffic.
So do you ever get the verbal announcements and/or the pop up screen informing you about the traffic incidents along the routes you take? Like I said, I've gotten a few verbal warnings but I'd also like to see a box pop up informing me as well and asking me if I'd like to be rerouted or detour.

I have mine set to where it has to check with me first before it adjust routing.

It's my understanding the the NavTraffic works best on the main highways and roads closer to major metropolitan areas like L.A., San Fran, NY, Atlanta, etc.

·
Super Moderator
7,815 Posts
I live in a community of just over one million. The traffic flow covers most major arterial roads.

With my original 2014MY map database it would announce something like 'traffic event detected' but with the 2017 map update it simply announces 'routing adjusted due to traffic conditions'.

Reactions: Starks8
1 - 4 of 4 Posts