Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just recently I got a call from SiriusXM wanting to know if I would like to renew my subscription to SiriusXM, I told the woman that I wasn't interested in renewing it seen as I never use it (mostly just listen to the radio or play music off my phone). I was wondering if it's worth it to renew the subscription? Is there something that I'm missing out on? I'm hoping some fellow users can give me some insight as to what I'm missing out on if anything.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I enjoy it personally, but if you're content on listening to local FM stations or music from your phone then you're not really missing out on anything special. I just like being able to drive wherever I want and never have to change the channel. Plus I have a few favs on there that I listen to pretty much all the time. To each their own though. I think Sat radio is kind of a persona preference sort of thing.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I enjoy it, as does my wife. But we pay $20 for 5 months at a time. for the full price, it is not. I would wait for them to offer you that deal. But ultimately, you are the only one that can say if it is worth it for yourself

·
Premium Member
6,915 Posts
Not sure how people can stand the low sound quality of XM, sounds like an old low bit MP3 file(robotic at times). Its funny can hear the same song on even FM radio and it sounds 1000X better.

·
Premium Member
1,943 Posts
With the amount of stations we have around Chicago, you're not missing out on a thing! I think that while I had my trial I only found 3-4 stations that I would even CONSIDER listening too. Stick with Man Cow!

·
Registered
120 Posts
I live in a area where there aren't many stations to choose from or are hard to receive FM, so XM/Sirius works for us. I don't find that it sounds that terrible given what has to happen technically just to get the signal. But you are the one that has to decide if it's worth it. Some people say the same thing with cable TV/satellite vs. over the air.

·
Registered
77 Posts
if you have Pandora or I heart radio or similar app that is all you need,plays thru your radio for free
you don't need to get ripped off

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Just recently I got a call from SiriusXM wanting to know if I would like to renew my subscription to SiriusXM, I told the woman that I wasn't interested in renewing it seen as I never use it (mostly just listen to the radio or play music off my phone). I was wondering if it's worth it to renew the subscription? Is there something that I'm missing out on? I'm hoping some fellow users can give me some insight as to what I'm missing out on if anything.
Ha, how can anyone tell you what you like to listen to. Or which source to use, everybody has different taste. Ha, youngest daughter likes rap, I will do anything you tell me to if you shut it off. But I will kill her if I play classical music. We still get alone as long as hers or my music isn't playing.

·
Registered
120 Posts
if you have Pandora or I heart radio or similar app that is all you need,plays thru your radio for free
you don't need to get ripped off
I don't see how paying for a service is getting "ripped off". It's no different than if you paid any service, cable TV, satellite TV, trash pickup, etc. As for the "free", well you still have to stream the Pandora through your phone and unless you have unlimited streaming, it ain't free. Yeah, the service itself is free but that's it.

Reactions: Tomko

·
Premium Member
5,637 Posts
The $33 special for 6 Months, including Internet access is very affordable. While I would never pay full price, the promotional price can't be beat. Commercial Radio is at an all time low and XM choices far exceed any local offerings.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I appreciate everyone's input, I think I might wait for another promotional offer and then give it a try, for right now I'm content with the music on my phone and the radio.

·
Super Moderator
5,194 Posts
I enjoy it also, like Terry. I signed up for it when it first came out @ 2003. New fad WTF. I paid a few months and then found a subscription for a couple of years. After the subscription(@450 for 3 years) expired, they sent me a renewal offer that was more than I wanted to pay so I scoured the web and found a lifetime subscription for the same price as the 3 year renewal they were offering. I got lucky! I told KOBALT about this and after I bought my lifetime, I checked to see if they still offered lifetime and they don't. When I first signed up they had a couple of comedy channels I liked so I got into that. Now I just listen to 80s 70 and a few other channels and STARs channel for somewhat strange talk like(Dr Laura and Dirty Sexy, Funny with Jenny McCarthy) There are others but that is some of my channel base for the amount of time I spend in my car. To me it is interesting sometimes ? I would like to see if they have some Vietnamese programming for my wife she would enjoy. It is all personal preference. I really like the 80 and Classic Rock Channels so...

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
My problem with OnStar and XM is doing a lot of driving in tree lined roads in Wisconsin, no reception. But okay in farm fields. Doesn't work in my yard either, tall trees on the south side, had those dish satellite people come to my home trying to get me to subscribe, wherever they tried, got zero on their little meters.

During my free subscription, never took my Cruze down to Milwaukee or Chicago, but we only have one tall building in town, if on the north side of it, even on the top of the hill, zero reception. So have to ask, how are these working in large cities with tall buildings all over.

GPS and cell phones work okay, well not the cell phones to way out of the way lakes we like to go to. But GPS still works. We could move to the equator, but understand it gets hot down there.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
My problem with OnStar and XM is doing a lot of driving in tree lined roads in Wisconsin, no reception. But okay in farm fields. Doesn't work in my yard either, tall trees on the south side, had those dish satellite people come to my home trying to get me to subscribe, wherever they tried, got zero on their little meters.

During my free subscription, never took my Cruze down to Milwaukee or Chicago, but we only have one tall building in town, if on the north side of it, even on the top of the hill, zero reception. So have to ask, how are these working in large cities with tall buildings all over.

GPS and cell phones work okay, well not the cell phones to way out of the way lakes we like to go to. But GPS still works. We could move to the equator, but understand it gets hot down there.
I believe some of the bigger cities have repeaters bouncing the signal around on the ground. I know when I go to Cleveland for a ball game mine doesn't really cut out that bad. Even works in some of the parking garages.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts