Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forums, but have been reading some of the recent posts. I have a 2013 crude 2lt auto and I noticed the other day after some spirited driving that the cooling fan was running full blast. Didn't think much of it at the time, but I now have torque app and took the car out for a spin tonight to look at the coolant temp. When I was driving the temp was normal, but but as soon as I pulled into my driveway the temp climbed to 220 - 225 and stayed there. The cooling fan was running at full speed but the coolant temp was not falling. I ended up turning the car off and turning it back on. When I turned it back on the fan did not turn on and the coolant temp immediately began to fall to normal operating temps.

So my question is, is this a bad water pump? Or does anyone have any idea why it did this?

I plan on making an appointment to bring it in to have my dealership look at it, but wanted to check on here to see if anyone on here may have heard of this happening before.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
That sounds more like a stuck thermostat.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. I figured it had something to do with the collant not moving through the system. I had the Torque app hooked up on my way to work today (about a 20 minute drive, mainly highway) and it read about 225 the entire trip. When I arrived at work and parked, the fan again was at full speed and the temp was not dropping.

The car is a certified pre-owned so it has full warranty on it. Hopefully the dealer can duplicate the issue.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have an appointmoint scheduled for tomorrow so hopefully they are able to replicate, diagnose, and fix the issue.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
tdirlmeier,

If you need any assistance while at the dealership, please let us know. We are here to assist. Also, welcome to the forum.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care

1 - 6 of 6 Posts