Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my Cruze Eco a couple weeks ago and just the other night while in my garage, I noticed that when I applied the breaks, I could hear a slight hissing sound, like air was being released. I don't know if this indicates a problem or rather is just a small noise, because I can't hear it when on the road.
I don't know if this could be related, but when I pulled out of a parking lot, last week, I partially bottomed out, but it wasn't very hard at all.
The brakes noise could be nothing, but this is my first new car, and I definitely am sweating the small stuff.
Any thoughts are appreciated

·
Registered
207 Posts
could be a vacuum leak within the power brake booster (leaking bladder) or vacuum valve (not certain if cruze has one) may not be holding vaccum and is bleeding off.

·
Registered
19 Posts
mine does it especially when the car is warmed up or on hot days. it drives me f-ing nuts. i brought it in once and all i got was "we couldn't hear it" nice. gonna bring it in again and not bringing it home until it is fixed. General Mess

·
Registered
19 Posts
i have never experienced any type of hissing with the brakes. I will listen more carefully today.
It will happened when the car is hot. Next time ur in a traffic jam and it's hot outside listen for it. It sounds like a hydrualic squishing sound. You can be stopped, take ur foot off the brake and apply again you can hear it. SUPER ANNOYING!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
these have an electric vacuum pump to assist with the brakes to my understanding, so you are hearing the pump kick on to help out with the brakes.
This makes more sense, as the noise as I hear it is very much "electric motor". You can be stopped at a drive through, and just touch the brakes and let off, and you will hear this. Every time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is an old thread but I just got a 2015 Cruze and noticed this the day after I drove off the lot. I googled it and saw mention of air being in the brake fluid line. I took it in. They said it was normal. The loaner 2015 Cruze they gave me doesn't do it though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts