Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else noticed a slight engine surging during a regen?

I noticed it a couple of years ago, but it would only happen once in a while, and usually only when the car was regenning at slow speeds (20-35 mph) and low RPM. If I was very lightly accelerating or maintaining a slow speed, such as in heavy traffic, the engine would do slight surging. It would immediately go away when more heavily accelerating and was never noticeable at highway speeds.

Lately, however, I've noticed it more often, and I've even noticed it a couple times at highway speeds. A couple of days ago I was crusing down the freeway on cruise control at 65 mph and it was very noticeably surging during a regen.

Has anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Yeah, its been happening on mine for a good year or year and a half now. Not sure why but the behavior is identical to what you are describing.

·
Premium Member
4,147 Posts
Have you had your fuel filter changed at all?

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
I've never noticed this in mine.

·
Premium Member
4,147 Posts
I've never noticed this in mine.
Never happened on mine either, but someone with a high mileage 2010 model diesel was using much more fuel than before and a new fuel filter brought it back again.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Yes, both mine do it, sometimes it's barely noticeable. That said my Cummins Bluetec diesel truck does it, with every regen, and it's quite harsh. Compared to what the Cruze does, it's not even on the same order of magnitude.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,911 Posts
In theory, it makes sense. It needs to inject more fuel to perform the regen, but when you get to heavy acceleration, it's putting in enough fuel to keep the temps up. It probably just has a slight delay when you command more acceleration for it to adjust the extra fuel needed, if any at all.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Have you had your fuel filter changed at all?
Yes. I'm at 45,000 miles right now, and I changed the fuel filter about 8 months ago at around 34,000 miles.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Never noticed that on my 15 with 19.5k miles, looks like my fuel filter will get changed around 40k miles

·
Registered
355 Posts
Happens all the time in my car. It is normal due to the regen process and the extra fuel being dumped into the system.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.