Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Slow in reverse.

Tags
reverse slow
6K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Blasirl 
#1 ·
I have a 2012 Chevy Cruze LT with A 1.8 automatic with 61,801 miles well maintained garage kept, never spun tires or hot rodded, last winter I pulled into a driveway to turnaround put it into reverse and it seemed like it lost all of its reverse power like two to thee more times the rpm's to get it moving, somebody told me that it was probably the A B solenoid inside the transmission itself, there are no visable transmission leaks and it does just fine in all forward gears, has anyone ever heard of or ran into such a problem as this? Thank you for reading this if you got this far and much thanks if somebody has an answer before I have too take it to the dealership and they charge me $200 just to tell me I had low tire pressure.:dazed052:

#2 ·
Different vehicle (06 Ram 3500 Diesel 4x4)...make that VERY different vehicle...but I lost reverse completely once. It drove fine in all forward gears but no reverse at all.

Happened on vacation, managed fine until I forgot and parked head first at a convenience store. It was a slight uphill to back out so no pushing a 4 ton truck. Luckily a guy pulled in with a winch, sweet!

Anyway, it’s entirely possible to lose reverse or have it start acting strangely without impacting forward driveability.

Take it to a dealer for diagnosis, hopefully it’s not a $$$ back-breaker...crossing fingers.

#5 ·
Once a transmission goes bad, you're best off buying one from a scrapyard, and have someone install it for you.
There just aren't many transmission repairsmen out there. Modern transmissions, especially DCT ones, are immensely complex, and the chance of reintroducing new problems are very high.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.