Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My like my new Cruz LS, but it has one irritating fault--it is slow to shift, especially from 2nd to 3rd. The dealer checked it out and says it is normal, as my car has the updated algorithms and no codes.

Under light acceleration going from 2nd to 3rd the engine will accelerate to just over 3,000 RPMs and stays there long enough for you to notice and actually feel like you are starting to slow down...then it shifts. All I can say if this is normal it is poor and they need to keep working on it.

I've never encountered this with any previous GM product, and my Mazda 3 puts it to shame here. I can't help but think the engineers simply don't have it dialed in quite yet. Is anyone else have the same issue?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Yes, it is normal. As I've learned from here. We have a learning transmission that will adapt to your driving style. The shifts get much better after time. I still plan on getting a tune to make the shifts even quicker though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks--I hope they keep working on it and they update the 2011's and not just subsequent 2012s. I hope people keep voicing the concern as I would have to warn anyone considering the car of the issue--great car other than that.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Thanks--I hope they keep working on it and they update the 2011's and not just subsequent 2012s. I hope people keep voicing the concern as I would have to warn anyone considering the car of the issue--great car other than that.
after 3000-4000 miles, the tranny has your driving style down and you dont even feel the shifts anymore. It's an adaptive transmission which means it learns how you drive and adjusts itself to suit that style. once it does that, it shifts like a dream. just give it a couple weeks

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
this happen to me early like around 200-300 miles,i use to beat my car and when i would drive normal it would stay in the high gear thinking go faster go faster then it settled down and now i have 5000miles and it shifts at 2700 from 2nd to 3rd

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a similar problem with the Manual Mode. If I want some performance I get to 5000-5500 and hit the shifter. It goes to over 6000 and hangs there for a while before shifting. I agree it is a great car, very good gas mileage even when pushing it but the trany drive me crazy.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi, I have a similar question: My tranny shifts pretty smoothly when driven smoothly. However there's a very steep (30%) hill I go up that's about 100 yards long, where the trans shifts down 2 gears to 3500RPM. After the top of this hill it's flat for another 100 yards, but the trans doesn't shift here, it stays at 3500RPM until there's a stop sign.

I have an Equinox that has the 4-cyl Ecotec and 6-speed trans, all like the Cruze, and it goes to that RPM, but shifts at the top of the hill to normal speed.

I'll get the fluid changed I suppose (65k miles, and 95k on the Nox) but is there more to it? No other car I've driven does this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts