Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
2011 Cruze Eco, automatic transmission

I've had my Cruze for about six months. Had a lot of transmission issues for the first few months. Driving was really jerky and had almost no torque. Transmission began smoothing out at about 5,000 miles but I still had a lot of problems getting any power to it. Accelerating from a stop, making any turns, or trying to change lanes on a busy highway was extremely dangerous. I'd practically stand on the gas but the car wouldn't do anything. A few weeks ago as as test, I turned off the traction control, and immediately it became much more responsive, certainly not a sports car but at least accelerating at a normal rate and handling like a typical compact car. (I'm only driving in dry or rainy weather -- no snow or ice.)

Has anyone else seen these kinds of performance problems when the traction control is on? I don't mind turning it off every time I start my car, but it seems ridiculous that I should have to do that just to be able to drive my car normally.

tindog,
I would also suggest that you take your vehicle into your dealership. They are in the best position to diagnose your vehicle. I would like you to please keep me updated on the outcome of your visit. If you have any further questions please feel free to message me.
Thank you,
Stacy Chevrolet Customer Service

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.