Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently moved to a house from an apartment, and now my whole commute to work is on streets which are 25-35-45, with lots of lights. I have noticed that if I am cruising at a fairly low speed, 25-35 typically, and I need to pass someone, I will floor the accelerator, and the transmission takes a good 3-4 seconds before it shifts, giving me major lag when trying to pass. Has anyone else noticed this? Is this something that could be addressed with a tune like trifecta, or is it inherent to the transmission?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know it's not turbo lag. I know how that feels and this isn't it. It may not be 3-4 seconds, but it is definitely at least 2 second delay maybe 3. I was trying to figure out more info today while driving, and I realized this:
when cruising at 35, car is in 5th, when I floor it, It will downshift all the way to 2nd.
when cruising at 45, car is in 6th, when i floor it, it will downshift all the way to 3rd..
I know it is more responsive when not pressing the accelerator as much, but when i get irritated in traffic and just want to get around some slow person....
When in manual mode, the car is much more responsive even shifting from 5 to 3, over how quickly the automatic does it.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mine is getting smoother as the miles pile on, broke in etc. when I first got it did not like the transmission at all. felt like driving a standard an downshifting to a lower gear than needed an letting the clutch out too fast as you where slowing down. also had a jerk at low speeds as if the throttle had a flat spot in it, is noticeably getting better.
I don't have an issue with how smooth it is. For me all the shifting is very smooth, never noticed any jerkyness. It's just the slow response time that I am complaining about

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.