Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
It may be stripped threads from the valve cover bolt into the aluminum block. My 2012 had the same issue with the check valve in the intake manifold failing like most do (someone posted the link for that issue here already). For that, I replaced with a Dorman intake manifold. Replaced the valve cover too. And stripped a valve cover bolt from overnightening. Helicoil fixed this and I used a new gasket and torqued to specs. Aaaaaand it appears to be still leaking oil around the valve cover.
So mine is still leaking and I can smell the crispy hydrocarbons wafting in through the vents periodically. But I’d start with the valve cover and make sure the bolt holes threads aren’t stripped. But you will eventually need to check to see if the intake manifold check valve is still there and deal with that and it would be less work while the valve cover is off. Torque for valve cover is 71 inch lbs (not ft lbs). Hope this helped. Let me know what happens.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.