Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! I have the MT and sometimes now I’m smelling slight coolant smell coming through my air vents. I have no leaks tho and when changed my MT fluid my mechanic said there are no leaks, he said the clutch starting to go out could cause similar smells. My clutch hasn’t been slipping at all. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Hey! I have the MT and sometimes now I’m smelling slight coolant smell coming through my air vents. I have no leaks tho and when changed my MT fluid my mechanic said there are no leaks, he said the clutch starting to go out could cause similar smells. My clutch hasn’t been slipping at all. Any ideas?
I wonder if the o-ring on the cap has lost its mojo and is letting a little air escape - not much, but just enough to be able to smell it. I don't know the call-out for the o-ring, but a whole new cap isn't very expensive.

Otherwise, you might need to pressure test the system to find a leak. It may not be losing enough coolant to notice a drop in the level or any wet spots, just enough to create the odor.

Doug

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,464 Posts
As mentioned, the coolant tank cap not holding pressure, slight seeping at the water pump, and the coolant inlet on the side of the motor are all pretty common issues with the 1.4T Cruzes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts