Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Administrator
25,195 Posts
Lucky I live in nova Scotia. Only remember seeing -42°c once, and wow is that cold.
Will the Cruze even register -42? Our outside thermometers read -40 when disconnected.

·
Banned
1,067 Posts
-42F good god. I saw -20f three days in a row in Pittsburgh when I was in College the winter of 79-80.

I will die a happy man if I never experience anything that cold again. Hated it then...would like it even less now.

·
Registered
12 Posts
ZipGripGo

They are pretty much big zip-ties that go on your tires that have nubs on them to bit into the ground and give you help with traction.
My uncle turned me onto these things. I got a set in my trunk with all my other emergency stuff. They are a little spendy, but I'm pretty sure they will help out if you get stuck.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Buy a manual transmission if you live in the snow belt.

Seriously I may come across as snarky, but every year I go around 4WD/AWD vehicles stuck or spun in my wee MT car.
The Cruze is well weighted with predictable physics. Take it easy, down shift to minimize breaking and you'll be fine.
Use, don't fight your momentum.

For what it's worth my best winter car was a Chevy Cavalier, thing was a fing tank, worst was a Nissan Pathfinder which spun an the mere hint of ice.
The Cruze is better then average.

I live in MA and have a 30mi commute of mostly backroads. I don't have snows but am considering it. Waiting for junk yards to have the right rims.

·
Registered
6 Posts
For those of us out west, stop at your local REI and pick up a Jetboil Zip Stove - Free Shipping at REI.com and fuel. Then pick up the Mountain House 72-Hour Emergency Kit - Free Shipping at REI.com. Keep these in your car along with microfleece blankets. If you do get caught in a major storm you can then stay warm and fed without having to keep your engine running.
The Jetboil is life saver, I’m in the military and already have one for training but I made a drive in my cruze to northern Washington and when I got stuck in the outskirts of Seattle on a date with my ex that thing saved my life, kept us fed and I already had blankets and stuff in the car so the warmth wasn’t an issue.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts