Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just realized I've been posting here a while but never actually introduced myself. I finished up engineering school last year, and now that I have my first real full-time job I decided it was time for me to get a new car. After asking for and getting a lot of helpful advice here (thanks everyone who answered my "Who here's car doesn't smell like a can of dex-cool" thread), and considering several other cars I ended up buying this Blue Topaz Metallic 1LT to replace my 17 year old Blazer. I've had it for one week today, put about 330 miles on it and haven't even had to fill up the tank yet (still at around the 1/4 mark, DIC is estimating 130 miles range left). So far I love the car. It's comfortable to drive, amazingly quiet, and I still have plenty of room for myself which was a concern with 'downsizing' since I'm fairly tall. I'll probably miss being able to haul large objects like dishwashers and chests of drawers, but the fuel savings should be more than enough to make up for the occasional U-Haul rental... at the rate gas prices are going they might be enough to cover the car payment in a few more months :-(
IMG_20130228_124224.jpg IMG_20130227_173246_edit.jpg

·
Premium Member
5,002 Posts
Well welcome officially to the club. Looks good in those pics. I always thought the Cruze looked best wet lol.

The good thing about not being able to haul large items is not having to haul large items for friends.;)

Reactions: Starks8

·
Registered
153 Posts
One nice looking Cruze! I would say red blue and silver are my personal favorites for the Cruze, yours is no exception, looks great! Need to black out everything, i bet blue with black badges and everything looks amazing

·
Premium Member
3,177 Posts
Welcome and congrats! Great pics of your cruze which looks awesome by the way! You should add your first pic to the winterwonderland thread on here. More pics are always welcome, haha!

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your new Cruze.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Welcome! Nice Cruze!

·
Premium Member
2,822 Posts
Congratulations and welcome!! Nice looking Cruze. Congratulations on completing Engineering School and the job too! I had to add that, as my Daughter is completing her Engineering degree this May and has been interviewing for a job. Is that an auto or manual trans in your Cruze?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's an auto. Unfortunately I never learned how to drive a manual. My dad tried to teach me in our back yard (I grew up out in the middle of nowhere, pretty large 'yard') before I had a driver's license in an old pickup with a worn out clutch and a carburetor that had trouble with the float sticking, causing it to stall out on occasion even if you knew what you were doing. That went about as well as you could imagine. And congrats to your daughter on soon to be finishing school, best of luck to her with the job hunt.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Just realized I've been posting here a while but never actually introduced myself. I finished up engineering school last year, and now that I have my first real full-time job I decided it was time for me to get a new car. After asking for and getting a lot of helpful advice here (thanks everyone who answered my "Who here's car doesn't smell like a can of dex-cool" thread), and considering several other cars I ended up buying this Blue Topaz Metallic 1LT to replace my 17 year old Blazer. I've had it for one week today, put about 330 miles on it and haven't even had to fill up the tank yet (still at around the 1/4 mark, DIC is estimating 130 miles range left). So far I love the car. It's comfortable to drive, amazingly quiet, and I still have plenty of room for myself which was a concern with 'downsizing' since I'm fairly tall. I'll probably miss being able to haul large objects like dishwashers and chests of drawers, but the fuel savings should be more than enough to make up for the occasional U-Haul rental... at the rate gas prices are going they might be enough to cover the car payment in a few more months :-(
View attachment 11642 View attachment 11644

CW_,
Congrats on your Cruze!! Also, welcome to the forum! As I am sure you have already figured out, this is a great forum to be a part of! If you ever have any questions, comments or concerns please feel free to contact me anytime.
Thank you,
Stacy Chevrolet Customer Service

1 - 11 of 11 Posts