Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

So, I stopped by my dealer today........

2567 Views 17 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  Merc6
Just to hangout and visit a bit.......Surprise!

Two 2015 Cruze's in the lot.....a blue and a white both LT1's.

Guess that answers the Q are they making them yet.....they are.

Other than the obvious, ie, the front facia, which I don't find bad to look at but prefer my 2012 at this time, the car appears to have no changes that caught my eye on the outside.
On the inside, where our door lock switch is on the dash, there resides a remote trunk release......bout time....should've done that from the beginning IMO.
The door lock switch now lives on the armrest......where it belongs, also IMO.

Also, the release pad for the trunk release under the chrome trim has been retained.

Otherwise, it comes across as the pleasant car we've all come to enjoy.

Rob
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Resident Forum Drunkard
8,257 Posts
That's Nice , I stayed Home and slept all day and dreamed of the day when I can finally give up working nights .

Maybe if we would just give this refreshed look of the 2015 model time to sink in we won't hate it so much ..

Frankly I've seen a ton of newer cars with similarities to the 2015 refreshed cruzen .

Reactions: Sunline Fan

· Premium Member
5,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Although we current owners are of the opinion the Chevrolet Cruze world revolves around us.......bad news, it doesn't.

The minor refresh is to draw new folks to the car....Chevrolet already got us to buy the first iteration and they succeeded.
If the refresh is attractive enouph to some of the current owners, so be it but it likely wasn't aimed at us.

Those new owners are future forum members and they will need input from the current members so they too can learn more about their purchass.
So, those that find the 2015 unattractive may wish to consider being a bit less negative since the first thing a new owner looks for is folks complimenting his/her purchass decision......we were all there once upon a time.

As I said, I don't find the refresh unattractive.....just different as Chev intended.....a little something to bring new life in a design that has been on our roads for four years and possibly bring new blood to the fold.
I find the change much more well thought out than the fascia change applied to the Malibu last year.....it strikes me as a bit disjointed.

Anyways, myself, I'm more interested in the 2016 re-invention......might look good in my driveway.....we'll see.

Rob

· Premium Member
24,131 Posts
I suspect the 2015's cosmetic and minor creature comfort changes will be kept in the 2016s. It would probably be too disruptive to the assembly process to change the body and guts at the same time. There's only so much space in the plant. I also know that my first and primary reason for the ECO MT was the raw fuel economy without paying the premium for the Volt or having to drive Toyota's hybrid system, which I drove for a week and absolutely hated. It wasn't how the car looked.

· Premium Member
945 Posts
Speaking on the new Colorado/Canyon, it's too bad GM didn't put a manual in anything other than the base trim 4 cyl. I imagine a proper manual with the diesel engine coming out for 2016 could have been knocking on 35 MPG highway. Seeing as how well the Ram EcoDiesel is doing, that kind of MPG figure could have made the truck a major draw.

8,257 Posts

8,257 Posts
Speaking of that, I'm really liking what I see online from the GMC version. Nice looking little truck.
Then you are aware there is a stop sale on both trucks !

· Premium Member
4,978 Posts
Too much decontent for my taste. I'll wait for the LTZ to come down on price when the 16's are new and sell the front bumper to a 11-14 member.
I was just thinking that, I like the new bumper but I still prefer the rs bumper. Wonder if it will be a straight fit.

That front bumper change just screams redesign in the interior. A bit disappointing.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Chevrolet

Or

Attachments

· Premium Member
5,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
First photo is a Trax I believe.....gussied up Sonic guts.
Second shot is a Volt......lotsa plastic showing......one will go insane trying to not scratch all the 'Piano Black' polished plastic.

The 2016 Cruze guts currently in China looked somewhat uplevel from the current design.....guess we'll talk about that one next year.

Rob

· Premium Member
3,164 Posts
Will the current and the newly redesigned front fascia even be able to be switched for each other?

If so, I actually wouldn't mind getting a 2015, lol! But I would want a fully loaded 1LT and they have decontented it so much that it's not worth it until the 2016's get here and see what they look like and have to offer.

10,589 Posts
I was just thinking that, I like the new bumper but I still prefer the rs bumper. Wonder if it will be a straight fit.

That front bumper change just screams redesign in the interior. A bit disappointing.

View attachment 114626

Or
In theory it should bolt up, the fogs would be the creative part if the wires aren't plug and play.

First photo is a Trax I believe.....gussied up Sonic guts.
Second shot is a Volt......lotsa plastic showing......one will go insane trying to not scratch all the 'Piano Black' polished plastic.

The 2016 Cruze guts currently in China looked somewhat uplevel from the current design.....guess we'll talk about that one next year.

Rob
1st pic is the Chevy Trax (We get it in the US of A as the upscale Buick Encore with way better interior). Both IIRC based off the Sonic Hatch for the overseas teeny tiny SUV market. Great for the people who want that up high feel and not have a SUV carbon foot print.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.