Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to add a "turbo" badge to my car. Has anyone else done this? I really just dont want to seem like an idiot if I add it in there.

What are your guys' opinions on altering badging?

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,273 Posts
Do what you like Dawg ! Mod that cruzen up to your own specific tastes ! then enter IT into COTM . Then cry when you do not win .

Sent from this floating Tablet under this new aged extraordinary climate !

·
Super Moderator
7,813 Posts
Look for an emblem already being used by GM on a similar model.

I think the Verano sports a 2.0T emblem. Why not piece together a 1.4T emblem from GM parts?

It would be elegant and distinguished - yet totally different than everyone else.

Another way would be a vanity plate TURBO1.4 or something like that. I've been running vanity plates since 1990 and like to match them up with the car in some creative way.

Reactions: Merc6

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
I added it to mine. It gives me an added 10hp! My "Turbo" badge is the one they put on the Sonic.

Sent from my last surviving brain cell

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow I really like some of these ideas! Once I register my baby I'll be sure to look further into it. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to look like a complete J.A.

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
Does the Badge make the car go faster? Let me know. I will then put a SS badge w a 396 emblem. It's a econ box car!
Oh yeah! Definitely those badges make your car go faster! Now my econo box can race a Ferrari and blow it away!

·
Premium Member
2,821 Posts
Sonic Turbo badge added like NYCruze 2012 did.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, adding the turbo badge gives 10 hp. Adding plasti gives 15! Kidding. :p You guys are much nicer than the other forum I'm on. Man I'm scared to death to post there.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Ha, the best fun in my life was when it was legal to make what we called a sleeper, a perfectly stock looking car, like a 48 Ford couple of even a De Sota with a heavily modified V-8 under the hood.

Pull along side of a new muscle car with all that super duper high speed crap pasted all over it, and leave that guy in the dust. Should see the look on their faces. Guess if you like BS, can paste all this stuff on your car.

What it really does for you is to attract cops.

·
10,712 Posts
I kinda like the GNX one but... IIRC the turbo symbol is literally a turbocharged 6. 5 years ago I would have had them on my doors where RS is, the trunk where ECO was, and on the passenger dash covering up the airbag letters.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
11 Posts
I added it to mine. It gives me an added 10hp! My "Turbo" badge is the one they put on the Sonic.

Where did you get that please ?

·
Epic Beard Man
5,389 Posts

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
See I misspelled De Soto, guess my mind is going with the spelling of a vehicle that hasn't been around for the last 52 years.

Do have a "turbo" written on the back of my Supra, insurance agent made quite an issue of that back then. Aren't you going to make an issue with the turbo in my new Cruze? He replied, are you kidding?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I doubt quite seriously that a cop is going to pull over my economy car just because it has a badge that says "turbo". He would be more apt to pull over the brand new 5.0 cruising at 85 mph in the fast lane just because its a sports car lol.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts