Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after Having two Different Cruzes for 5 1/2 years, I'm out! Gm Bought my 2012 LTZ back without me getting any lawyers involved for nearly $20k and I only paid $17K for it originally.. They threw in a $1500 for the money I spent out of warranty on the Nav unit that went out a few months ago out of warranty too! So it cost me just $550 to use it for 3 years 8 months...

Thanks for most the members help for the multitude of problems I had over the years..

So I bought a 2017 Malibu Premier loaded, got $8650 off the price as there are good deals right now.....All I can say about the 2.0L turbo is WOW! What an engine! ZERO turbo lag, and I'm averaging 26mpg wich is exactly the same as my gutless no power cruze...

The 9 speed trans is amazing and is so smooth you don't even notice it shifting, its crazy...Silly fast 14 sec 1/4 mile car...And so smooth to drive feels like a Benz..

-RcClockman out!

·
2,170 Posts
Well I'd say that's a pretty good lease deal right there. That works out to something like $12/month to own the two cars, though they sond like they were inconvenient at times. The malibu has a beast of an engine. When that 2.0L turbo engine was released for the Saturn Sky Redline it produced the most HP per cubic inch than any motor GM had ever produced before. Eventually finding it's way into everything from the Cobalt SS to the Camaro, the Cadillac XT5 and many others. I really, really wish GM had offered it in the Cruze, especially the new lighter generation, with a proper close ratio manual. It would have been a WRX/ST/SI killer.

Enjoy!

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
You don't have to leave. I didn't when my 2012 ECO MT was totaled.

·
2,170 Posts
If you decide not to stay, can we at least get some pics before you go? Just to see who we're being left for :(

Reactions: guuyuk and Blasirl

·
Registered
689 Posts
So after Having two Different Cruzes for 5 1/2 years, I'm out! Gm Bought my 2012 LTZ back without me getting any lawyers involved for nearly $20k and I only paid $17K for it originally.. They threw in a $1500 for the money I spent out of warranty on the Nav unit that went out a few months ago out of warranty too! So it cost me just $550 to use it for 3 years 8 months...

Thanks for most the members help for the multitude of problems I had over the years..

So I bought a 2017 Malibu Premier loaded, got $8650 off the price as there are good deals right now.....All I can say about the 2.0L turbo is WOW! What an engine! ZERO turbo lag, and I'm averaging 26mpg wich is exactly the same as my gutless no power cruze...

The 9 speed trans is amazing and is so smooth you don't even notice it shifting, its crazy...Silly fast 14 sec 1/4 mile car...And so smooth to drive feels like a Benz..

-RcClockman out!
Is there a link to the story about your Cruze's?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is there a link to the story about your Cruze's?
Story about my Cruze? No story, just like everybody else's in here, tons of minor problems, when your service jacket is an inch thick in 3 years, you can get a buyback, anybody can do it, it was easy....

·
Registered
689 Posts
Story about my Cruze? No story, just like everybody else's in here, tons of minor problems, when your service jacket is an inch thick in 3 years, you can get a buyback, anybody can do it, it was easy....
Sorry to hear that.

My 2012 for the most part has been trouble free with the exception of the 6m that needed to be replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
190 Posts
wish I could do that with my refrigerator...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,638 Posts
wish I could do that with my refrigerator...

Tell me about it. My Apartment manager only buys G.M. cars and appliances (Frigidaire) and although my refrigerator does not have a working Icemaker, it thinks its making Ice cubes, goes through all the motions and it is most irritating. It also pops like it was making popcorn from time to time. I hate this brand!

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Tell me about it. My Apartment manager only buys G.M. cars and appliances (Frigidaire) and although my refrigerator does not have a working Icemaker, it thinks its making Ice cubes, goes through all the motions and it is most irritating. It also pops like it was making popcorn from time to time. I hate this brand!
Well, how old is your unit?

·
Super Moderator
7,804 Posts
There's a sensor switch to turn off the ice maker. It's normally linked to a wire-like actuator. Force the actuator up to simulate a full ice receiver and it will turn the mechanism off.

Can't stand unnecessarily sounds and don't use any ice in my home. Had to figure out how to silence my made in the USA Amana. Necessity is the mother of invention. E. Pluribus Unum. et. al.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
I think mine is made in South Korea, it doesn't make any unusual noises. Go figure

·
Registered
190 Posts
I bought my Samsung because it made the most ice.

The thing has spent more time in the maintenance cycle than it has working, mostly for ice maker problems.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Had mine for six years and my folder was more than an inch thick not counting the oil changes and tire rotations. Every time I mentioned buy back to my dealer I got nothing but crickets. Although I qualified for lemon law because I was on my fourth water pump I just wanted to get rid of it before it started to cost more money. I would not have minded putting money into it if it would of held some kind of value but I was losing my warranties and I had zero confidence that the car was going to be trouble free when I was off my warranty.

I still come back though it is a great forum. Congrats on you Malibu hope it is trouble free for you.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Its a Chevy ,it will have problems ,join a Malibu form ,it will help you through the recalls when the steering locks up.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts