Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I liked the XM radio and looking to renew it. They want $150 a year after taxes for the Xm mostly music program. But what do I do about navigation?? I cant call on-star anymore and I am not paying them just to have navigation, waste of money. Shame I cant have it on my screen and forced to purchase a windshield mount unit :( What did you guys do with your XM when it expired??

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
I reneiwed for $95/year for the XM Select plan. You can dicker with them, but don't give them a credit card number. I made them send me an invoice and paid with a check. Turn by Turn Navigation is free for life on my car, so I don't have to worry about paying for that.

·
Premium Member
6,917 Posts
The current way they do onstar and XM is stupid. Most are not willing to pay the full price they are charging, so they get less than 1/2 the new car customers as continued users.

What they should do is make the onstar and XM last for the entire 5-6year loan that most take, by doing this they are keeping 100% of customers and the cost can significantly go down. MIght even see people willing to buy a new car just to get another free 5 years of those services.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I think i pay only 10 bucks a month for XM. I know the fiance pays a little more for his car, but i'm second on the account. He always gets them down on the price.
Onstar i wouldn't have minded having, but the prices are WAY to much. I'd rather spend the money to have in dash nav. installed.

For the safe and sound part, i don't see why it should be any more then 5 bucks a month.

I wonder if Onstar would have called me when the truck hit my parked Cruze...

·
Registered
92 Posts
I reneiwed for $95/year for the XM Select plan. You can dicker with them, but don't give them a credit card number. I made them send me an invoice and paid with a check. Turn by Turn Navigation is free for life on my car, so I don't have to worry about paying for that.
How in the world did you get turn by turn free for life on your car. ...
teach me your ways. ....
And yes, never give them a credit card number.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I just renewed tonight with XM for 4.99/month for 5 months. I have been doing this plan for years... I always call the day before renewal is set to take place and "cancel". They always come back with the same offer (after a few other high $$ choices that I immediately say no to). Not sure how much it would be to add nav/traffic though...

·
Registered
742 Posts
I paid $89.00 after they kept lowering the offers, I did not want them having my card info after reading a lot of reviews and bought XM gift cards from bestbuy so they could have those on file and not my bank account.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just renewed tonight with XM for 4.99/month for 5 months. I have been doing this plan for years... I always call the day before renewal is set to take place and "cancel". They always come back with the same offer (after a few other high $$ choices that I immediately say no to). Not sure how much it would be to add nav/traffic though...
So should I wait for them to call me?? I already got a letter in the mail from them. To much coin in my option. $114 a year for XM select.

·
10,712 Posts
Yes, ignore the mail, wait for the call and talk em down after they get slightly outrageous from the previous price. Remind them Pandora and I believe spotify are way cheaper and higher quality stream than XM. As for the traffic, weather, gas stations, movie times that is $7 added on to the price you negotiate for standard music service.
So should I wait for them to call me?? I already got a letter in the mail from them. To much coin in my option. $114 a year for XM select.

·
Super Moderator
5,175 Posts
Did you go to XMRadio.com and look at their subscriptions? I did that back in 2007 and signed up for 3 years and when that was done, I checked online again and found a lifetime subscription for @ 400. (They don't offer the lifetime anymore but you may be able to find a decent subscription on the website.

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
yeah if you wait it out they will call you with good promos, you can get it for about 60-80$ a year which is about the lowest ive heard about. when mine expired they kept calling but i was never really available to answer the calls. it expired in like october. im still currently listening to my xm in the car. and havent paid a penny. pretty good "promo" imo

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'll never own another car without onstar again. It's helped me through 2 accidents. One serious. They are on the line before the car even comes to a complete stop. Notify insurance company, police, fire, ems and my emergency contacts. They stay on the line until the police arrive.

If anything is worth the money per month, it's onstar. And now with the remote access and such, it's a no brainer.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts