Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning i started my car with a lil hesitation. Just. Blow it off, seemed to be doing that since i first got it. But at 11:34pm EST i tried to turn my car on. She did click, all lights turned off in the car like. Attery unplugged. Then did the starting motion twice till it finally turned on. I turned it off n on 3 times for the same issue. I have recorded it on my iphone 4s and after that i tried again and it worked normally. Soooo with that said any ideas. Shes going in for service this morning cuz im not dealing with this if im in the middle of no where and she doesnt want to start. Anyway i can upload. for all to see issues?

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
A bunch of times I've flicked the key too rapidly, and it gets kicked from "on" to "accessory", killing the automatic starting sequence.

Sounds like the switch is going flaky on you. Hope it gets fixed soon!

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
This morning i started my car with a lil hesitation. Just. Blow it off, seemed to be doing that since i first got it. But at 11:34pm EST i tried to turn my car on. She did click, all lights turned off in the car like. Attery unplugged. Then did the starting motion twice till it finally turned on. I turned it off n on 3 times for the same issue. I have recorded it on my iphone 4s and after that i tried again and it worked normally. Soooo with that said any ideas. Shes going in for service this morning cuz im not dealing with this if im in the middle of no where and she doesnt want to start. Anyway i can upload. for all to see issues?

DMac1988,
I would like you to keep me posted on the outcome of your visit to the dealership. If you have any other questions, comments or concerns please feel free to contact me.
Thank you,
Stacy Chevrolet Customer Service

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DMac1988,
I would like you to keep me posted on the outcome of your visit to the dealership. If you have any other questions, comments or concerns please feel free to contact me.
Thank you,
Ok, so this morning i went in. Showed the guy, he was bumbasaled. Then explain how my car drove on its own for 20ish to over 83 then hit a bump ad car slammed on the engine breaks almost getting rear ended by the cop chasing me for speeding. She even said she understood what happened. She caught me at 83km/hr on a 40 n said the car stopped wayyy after she turned her lights on way to fast. But anyways im lucky i was in front of everyone or id get into an accident n still drive while pushing the car in front. Plus worse part about it!!!....my brakes didnt engage to even try to slOw it down. So he said im better off getting my car tuned. Cuz he says i havent been getting the proper L/100km rating i should get. He will update me soon.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Some grammar and punctuation would help that post a lot. I can't understand what happened.
Sorry im at work and using siri on the iphone to write ****. But the car took off n my brakes didnt engage to stop my car.

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
Tell Siri she does a poor job translating English into computer! Man, she should be sacked as a translator.

Can you tell us this evening what happened?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, i was at a stop light in woodbridge rd. heading NB to my moms. When i pressed the gas, the car just took off like the gas pedal was stuck(which wasnt) went from 20ish km/hr to over 83km/hr in a 40km/hr zone. The car kept going even after i flew past the cop. She turned her lights on an chased after. About 1km down the road theres is train tracks. When i hit the first track beam. The car just slammed on the brakes. I stopped so fast the cop almost rear ended me. My brakes where not engaging when i pressed them light or heavy. Then a 2 days later it did it again. But while i was driving, i pressed the brakes to avoid a collison waiting to happen. N the car rev'ed instead. Then went back to normal.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tell Siri she does a poor job translating English into computer! Man, she should be sacked as a translator.
I've called her a dumb b itch and she replies: i'll pretend i didnt hear you say that.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
[video]http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t256/Camo_Baller/72df3021.mp4[/video]

And siri for u

·
Registered
337 Posts
Well, i was at a stop light in woodbridge rd. heading NB to my moms. When i pressed the gas, the car just took off like the gas pedal was stuck(which wasnt) went from 20ish km/hr to over 83km/hr in a 40km/hr zone. The car kept going even after i flew past the cop. She turned her lights on an chased after. About 1km down the road theres is train tracks. When i hit the first track beam. The car just slammed on the brakes. I stopped so fast the cop almost rear ended me. My brakes where not engaging when i pressed them light or heavy. Then a 2 days later it did it again. But while i was driving, i pressed the brakes to avoid a collison waiting to happen. N the car rev'ed instead. Then went back to normal.

wtf?? this is a true story? I wouldn't even drive the car if it did that once... let alone twice! lol ....

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
Wow, that's crazy! A DBW throttle problem it sounds like. Any codes found, or anything found out of range?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well the dealer has been looking since 11am he said they dont see any codes. They dont see the problem. I told them this is a lemon law car. N said if they cant figure out y. It will be. N gm should buy my car out.

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
This is a little hard to understand, but i think youre trying to say that the car is accelerating itself. In any event, Im glad that I dont have an auto, Ill pull this car out of gear in a second, it wont be going anywhere. Let the engine rev to the moon as long as my car doesnt go off driving by itself.

Also, check the installation around the injen intake. I was helping a friend that had installed one on a different type of car, and one of the hose clamps came loose right on the throttle body end, and was rubbing on the throttle cable. He floored the car, the cable would get stuck under the clamp and keep the car floored. Another reason why certain mods will void a warranty.

I would also check all of the connections with the Injen pipe. If you have messed with the air sensor, and it is missing air counts, this will cause all kinds of issues with starting and idling. Check the electrical connections on both ends of the wiring connected to the intake pipe. If there is something wrong there, I will guarantee thats causing the problem. Worst case scenario, take the injen intake off and put it back to stock to see if thats the problem.

In any event hopefully you dont crash it into a wall and that wing comes flying off and hits you in the back of the head. That would be a bad day right there.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Ok, so this morning i went in. Showed the guy, he was bumbasaled. Then explain how my car drove on its own for 20ish to over 83 then hit a bump ad car slammed on the engine breaks almost getting rear ended by the cop chasing me for speeding. She even said she understood what happened. She caught me at 83km/hr on a 40 n said the car stopped wayyy after she turned her lights on way to fast. But anyways im lucky i was in front of everyone or id get into an accident n still drive while pushing the car in front. Plus worse part about it!!!....my brakes didnt engage to even try to slOw it down. So he said im better off getting my car tuned. Cuz he says i havent been getting the proper L/100km rating i should get. He will update me soon.

DMac1988,
I would suggest that you contact GM of Canada regarding this issue. You can contact them at 800-263-3777 Monday-Friday 7:30am-11:30pm or Saturday 7:30am-6:00pm EST. They will be able to assist you further with your issues.
Thank you,

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Has nothing to do with my intake, my intake is on the passenger side as u should know cruzetech, and the cable would be on the right, BUTT!!!! The tech said theres on cable in this car its all electric. The gear shifter on the auto is a metal bar with plastic stuns on it for each gear. P, R, N, D, and M-+ so it has nothing to do with my intake. And whats with the wing comment! Got u saying that and that other dude saying **** about my car too!

·
FI Lunatic
1,380 Posts
Nice "Zombie Outbreak Response Vehicle" dude!

I got the round vinyl decal for the back glass...haven't installed yet though.

Saw any zombies yet??

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hahaha theres a zombie march couple weeks ago. Was funny.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts