Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
That's a bummer for sure!

I have had some similar damages due to the metal rivets in jeans. It makes me wonder why they even need a metal rivet, especially the dimpled out style. Seems to get scraped on things all the time.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
That's a bummer for sure!

I have had some similar damages due to the metal rivets in jeans. It makes me wonder why they even need a metal rivet, especially the dimpled out style. Seems to get scraped on things all the time.
Looks. Jeans don't need the rivets.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Looks. Jeans don't need the rivets.
Yeah, it doesn't look so nice when the side of the car or steering wheel leather is scratched...

·
Banned
1,067 Posts
Jeans are hard on upholstery...even without rivets. Its a course abrasive material compared to other types of pants and it takes its toll over time.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I had some scrapes in my steering wheel that appeared out of nowhere. Then one day, I got my car back from the dealer and there was a 6" long scrape that was REALLY BAD that appeared during service. The service manager never admitted fault, but I managed to get my wheel replaced with a brand new leather one. He even let me unwrap the protective plastic covering from shipment after they installed it.

Let me tell you, I've never been more paranoid about my wheel as I am now. I thoroughly check it before and after every service visit.

Now that I think back, I bet the other randomly appearing scrapes were during service visits, too.

·
Premium Member
4,143 Posts
My previous Commodore had a leather steering wheel and over a 10 year period my wedding ring had taken a toll on it.

·
Premium Member
3,177 Posts
I'm not sure if anyone ever found a steering wheel cover that fit the Cruze's steering wheel really well. If they have, hopefully they will chime in.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Ha, purchased a brand new car in 1965 and got in with a screwdriver in my back pocket. I don't do this anymore. Only solution was to buy a new seat cover, but installed it myself with my hog ring pliers.

Do you really need to wear a wedding ring? Always doing electrical work, but our bond is much stronger that a ring.

Can't even remember the last time I saw rivets on blue jeans, but if I did, would avoid those.

Do have these leather repair kits that come with the basic colors, could never get that right. Suppose to mix them to get the correct color.

This the the leather covered steering wheel for my 2012 2LT. Just a possible solution.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts