Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I thought I would have this awesome car and this awesome community but seems I may not. You guys are great it's def not you actually you guys are the only reason I want to keep the car. But the car has sprung a real bad leak from what seems like all the seals and that's after the valve cover was fixed for leaking but the original leak was a little stream compared to what is now. What I have now is Niagara Falls. The alternator is saturated in oil ahhh man just everything is covered in oil, sensors, battery some of the turbo all the hoses just everything. Goddamn I'm so sad. This car isn't safe to drive currently but I have to get to work and there is no other way. None of the recalls have been done by previous owner cause they are an idiot or something and I just fill like this won't get fixed and it will become a lemon which we have a lemon law in mass. I'm so discouraged that if it catches fire I'm ok with it. Hey maybe who know it may get fixed. I know the pcv nipple is gone and I cleaned it as best as I could but yeah I ordered all this stuff for it so maybe you guys could benefit from my loss. I will post an update Evey couple days if u guys want. No matter what happens I think what we have here as a community is amazing like I said the only thing that makes me want a Cruze at this point is you guys....and ok I do like if not love the car but I can't take chances like this. I have to travel to and from work and I can't even take my kids out in it because of the fire risk. Hopefully it all works out and gets fixed and I get the Cruze kit installed and etc but clearly I'm cursed AF. Thanks for everything hope everyone is health, happy and safe.
Thanks
Broken hearted and now a pessimistic man

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh p.s. right brake caliper sounds funny and is grinding at low speed specially when I pull out of a parking lot that has a slope to the street which is so weird that it only does then and shortly late goes away(for now)..

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Did you verify your car was purchased for the lemon?

If I'm reading that right.

Says something about a dealer cost of $700. And vehicle failing inspection and needs more then 10% of purchase price to repair.

But I don't live there so you'd know more about it then me.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did you verify your car was purchased for the lemon?

If I'm reading that right.

Says something about a dealer cost of $700. And vehicle failing inspection and needs more then 10% of purchase price to repair.

But I don't live there so you'd know more about it then me.
In my state we have a lemon law and in my case its 30 days and the problem has to try to be fixed three times so if they don't fix it after third I can opt to return my car and get most of my money back

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
In my state we have a lemon law and in my case its 30 days and the problem has to try to be fixed three times so if they don't fix it after third I can opt to return my car and get most of my money back
My state has that same law. It only applies to new cars.

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
11,981 Posts
Hey guys I thought I would have this awesome car and this awesome community but seems I may not. You guys are great it's def not you actually you guys are the only reason I want to keep the car. But the car has sprung a real bad leak from what seems like all the seals and that's after the valve cover was fixed for leaking but the original leak was a little stream compared to what is now. What I have now is Niagara Falls. The alternator is saturated in oil ahhh man just everything is covered in oil, sensors, battery some of the turbo all the hoses just everything. Goddamn I'm so sad. This car isn't safe to drive currently but I have to get to work and there is no other way. None of the recalls have been done by previous owner cause they are an idiot or something and I just fill like this won't get fixed and it will become a lemon which we have a lemon law in mass. I'm so discouraged that if it catches fire I'm ok with it. Hey maybe who know it may get fixed. I know the pcv nipple is gone and I cleaned it as best as I could but yeah I ordered all this stuff for it so maybe you guys could benefit from my loss. I will post an update Evey couple days if u guys want. No matter what happens I think what we have here as a community is amazing like I said the only thing that makes me want a Cruze at this point is you guys....and ok I do like if not love the car but I can't take chances like this. I have to travel to and from work and I can't even take my kids out in it because of the fire risk. Hopefully it all works out and gets fixed and I get the Cruze kit installed and etc but clearly I'm cursed AF. Thanks for everything hope everyone is health, happy and safe.
Thanks
Broken hearted and now a pessimistic man
One step at a time. Clean off the engine with brake cleaner and monitor where the leaks are. Once you know that post that info here. If there are any codes or a MIL/SEL/CEL either post them or have them read at an auto parts store like AutoZone and then post them here. List what you have purchased so far, like the Fix kit etc.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I just dropped it off at the same mechanic to have everything fixed again. This is the fourth time in three weeks that the car has been in shop and only owned it three weeks. So outlook looks bad but I still have hope for this car I have fallen in love with.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Today I was told that the part is defective from the Chevy dealer ship but I believe that to be mainly bullshit....so when I pick it up again tmw and the same problem happens because they wouldn't change the intake manifold then it becomes a lemon by my state law. If it does hold I will install the fix kit and then eventually a performance manifold.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts