Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone who has read a few of my Cruzen posts probably knows I tend to be a tad on the particular side of things.

Stopped by a family members home and their dog jumped up on the passenger side of my car.

:(

Sent with iLove 6.0

·
Administrator
25,118 Posts
Is that the window glass? :signs053:

·
Premium Member
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Try rubbing compound, I had a few looking like that but only 1 really did damage.
Yeah, I'm going to try to work on it tomorrow. We visited my mom's friend afterward who owns an auto shop and he just used a little polish and a microfiber towel and it looks better, but there are still quite a few big scratches. In his opinion it wasn't through the clear coat.

The door handle also has some scuffs :|

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
The photo is such a close-up I'm having a hard time understanding what I'm looking at. Is the photo upside down and we're looking up a the door handle?

Ohhh, I think I get it. That's from 1-2" away. We're looking at the area just above the door handle but the chrome of the window trim is just below the top edge of the photo.

·
Administrator
25,118 Posts
ChevyGuy, thank you. I couldn't figure out what I was looking at.

·
Premium Member
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The photo is such a close-up I'm having a hard time understanding what I'm looking at. Is the photo upside down and we're looking up a the door handle?

Ohhh, I think I get it. That's from 1-2" away. We're looking at the area just above the door handle but the chrome of the window trim is just below the top edge of the photo.
Oh sorry, yeah, I guess it makes sense to me since it's my car/photo ;)

Yep that's it. A far away shot made the scratches blend into the reflection.

Sent with iLove 6.0

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
One of my friends outside farm dogs always does this when I go to his house, haven't stopped there since I had the cruze(over 3 years). Thought about taking some treats and throwing them as I drive in to distract the dog long enough to get out.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,265 Posts
That's Nice ! Paint Job will be needed to get those claw marks out from what I can make out your missing too much paint to Buff those scratches out .. Polish and a buffer May give ya some peace of mind though .. Not Rubbing compound unless you really want to take off that finish ..

Have the door repainted and Give the owner the bill .. Good Luck Marissa .

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
What kind of dog is this? Can't be too small, to jump up this high, and these look more like cat scratches. Poor dog maintenance, wife is always after me to grind his nails, using his photo for my avatar.

Have a Dremmel with a find sanding drum, those dog nail clippers leave a sharp edge, and a tad too close, get blood dripping all over the place. Just grind away to leave this nails like the side of a ball. Been doing this since he was a pup, so accustomed to it.

Wife's faced was scratched by a one year old baby we were taking care of, parents are afraid to cut her nails, so this became my job as well. Kids with cats, have them declawed. If this dog gets easily excited with nails like this can only imagine what their home looks like.

Never kick a dog, will make him mean, same with kids and doesn't accomplish anything. How do you train a torturer? You torture them.

Can only go so far with a rag and rubbing compound, I use Turtle polishing compound with a wet wool power buffer. If just on the clear coat for deeper scratches, needs some touch up with a clear coat pen. Has to dry for about a week, can be sanded gently with 2,500 grid sandpaper, then power buffed with that polishing compound.

But sure doesn't say much for the finish on these cars that mar this easily, but like I been saying for years, designed for the showroom.

·
Administrator
25,118 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
One of my friends outside farm dogs always does this when I go to his house, haven't stopped there since I had the cruze(over 3 years). Thought about taking some treats and throwing them as I drive in to distract the dog long enough to get out.
Funny, this was a farm dog as well. :/ There were actually two of them, but only one actually jumped up.

That's Nice ! Paint Job will be needed to get those claw marks out from what I can make out your missing too much paint to Buff those scratches out .. Polish and a buffer May give ya some peace of mind though .. Not Rubbing compound unless you really want to take off that finish ..

Have the door repainted and Give the owner the bill .. Good Luck Marissa .
I'll see what I can do to it today. :/ It was family -- the person doesn't even know their dog did this... I didn't want to start any drama, so I won't be telling them it happened... though some other people know about it, so word might get out, idk. I have a $500 deductible... so if I can try to fix it myself that will have to do... otherwise I can do drive around parking lots and try to get someone to hit me? LOL. [just kidding]

What kind of dog is this? Can't be too small, to jump up this high, and these look more like cat scratches. Poor dog maintenance, wife is always after me to grind his nails, using his photo for my avatar.

Have a Dremmel with a find sanding drum, those dog nail clippers leave a sharp edge, and a tad too close, get blood dripping all over the place. Just grind away to leave this nails like the side of a ball. Been doing this since he was a pup, so accustomed to it.

Wife's faced was scratched by a one year old baby we were taking care of, parents are afraid to cut her nails, so this became my job as well. Kids with cats, have them declawed. If this dog gets easily excited with nails like this can only imagine what their home looks like.

Never kick a dog, will make him mean, same with kids and doesn't accomplish anything. How do you train a torturer? You torture them.

Can only go so far with a rag and rubbing compound, I use Turtle polishing compound with a wet wool power buffer. If just on the clear coat for deeper scratches, needs some touch up with a clear coat pen. Has to dry for about a week, can be sanded gently with 2,500 grid sandpaper, then power buffed with that polishing compound.

But sure doesn't say much for the finish on these cars that mar this easily, but like I been saying for years, designed for the showroom.
Thanks Nick, and I agree. It was a huge black lab, and the nails had probably never been trimmed :L

1 - 20 of 34 Posts